Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arch Linux Will Now Use Dbus-Broker As Its Default D-Bus Daemon

Phoronix: Arch Linux Will Now Use Dbus-Broker As Its Default D-Bus Daemon

Arch Linux is finally going the way of Fedora and others in making Dbus-Broker its default D-Bus daemon implementation...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Its always nice to see when 'new stuff' trickles down to the likes of Arch Linux. People should really use a rolling release distribution by now....

Wait a minute...

Comment

Are we going to take bets on how long until it takes for someone to ask for a rust native one? I say maybe 10 replies.

Comment

Originally posted by Hibbelharry View Post
        Its always nice to see when 'new stuff' trickles down to the likes of Arch Linux. People should really use a rolling release distribution by now....

Wait a minute...
        A rolling release model doesn't mean every possible change happens immediately dude...

Comment

Nice of them to join what Fedora has already been doing for a while, good on them.

Comment

I'm using dbus-broker now for some nontrivial time; without ill effects. Not sure if it's inception was needed, but okay.
            Will probably take a while to be default for Debian, tho....
            Same for iwd...

Comment

Originally posted by Quackdoc View Post
              Are we going to take bets on how long until it takes for someone to ask for a rust native one? I say maybe 10 replies.
              Why not? D-Bus is one thing that needs to be "blazingly fast and memory safe"
              But seriously been running dbus-broker on my btwiusearch for 1+ year. Installed once and forgot about it, even have to double check I am running it now.

Comment

Originally posted by Quackdoc View Post
                Rust is the new Hilter.

Comment

So long as it works with everything now I'm happy. I appreciate that Arch waited until all the previous issues had been resolved before making it the default.

Comment

Originally posted by TemplarGR View Post

A rolling release model doesn't mean every possible change happens immediately dude...
                    That too, and it's not like other distros won't get new stuff. Even the rock solid Debian Stable switched to systemd at some point, just to name an example of another relatively critical piece of software.

(P.S.: don't come at me, systemd haters. I know you can technically live without systemd, I'm just saying it's not that easy to live without it if a distro builds all software and DE's around it, like Debian Stable. Not without a lot of fiddling and recompiling. So in that sense, it's pretty critical.)

Comment

Working...
                    X