Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMD FSR 3 Now Available - Open-Source Code To Come Soon

Phoronix: AMD FSR 3 Now Available - Open-Source Code To Come Soon

AMD announced today that the Windows games Immortals of Aveum and Forspoken are available today with their FidelityFX Super Resolution 3 (FSR 3) upscaling technology. More games making use of FSR 3 are on the way and the open-source code drop of FSR 3 is coming at a later date...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I wonder if someone could add that into Q2RTX and if it would be an improvement over the FSR1 that's already there

Comment

Originally posted by FireBurn View Post
      I wonder if someone could add that into Q2RTX and if it would be an improvement over the FSR1 that's already there
      You're completely unaware of how big of an improvement FSR2 is over FSR1? Given that it is a major improvement, FSR3 would be as well.

Comment

AMD announced today that the Windows games Immortals of Aveum and Forspoken are available today with their FidelityFX Super Resolution 3 (FSR 3) upscaling technology.​
        what would possess them to use these two games as showcases?

Comment

Originally posted by FireBurn View Post
          FSR1 is arguably not up to par for use, but FSR2 was a major milestone.

Comment

Originally posted by peppercats View Post
            what would possess them to use these two games as showcases?
            Perhaps they were the first to volunteer, or the most competent teams and thus the first to finish?

Comment

Cyberpunk2077 will get FSR3. How will FSR3 be implemented into Linux(translated) gaming since there is no global Adrenalin Software?
              In comparison fsr2 had to be implemented individually - fsr3 will be available even if there is no builtin implementation

Comment

Originally posted by CochainComplex View Post
                Cyberpunk2077 will get FSR3. How will FSR3 be implemented into Linux(translated) gaming since there is no global Adrenalin Software?
                In comparison fsr2 had to be implemented individually - fsr3 will be available even if there is no builtin implementation
                From what I saw on Reddit, even Nvidia customers are using these features, so I don't think there is a dependency on Adrenaline software.

I was going to try it myself but I can't get the forespoken demo working on Linux.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitch View Post

From what I saw on Reddit, even Nvidia customers are using these features, so I don't think there is a dependency on Adrenaline software.

I was going to try it myself but I can't get the forespoken demo working on Linux.
                  OK you might not need adrenaline but for my understanding you need to have somekind of software center cause there is also this antilag thing which you might use to reduce lag due to interpolation. (Also on nvidia?)

Comment

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
                    the open-source code drop of FSR 3 is coming at a later date...
                    Why? All the time AMD does this. Legalities should have been cleared during development already, just as file headers and such should have been maintained during development already.

Comment

Working...
                    X