Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PipeWire 0.3.67 Fixes Stuttering For Some Bluetooth Devices

Phoronix: PipeWire 0.3.67 Fixes Stuttering For Some Bluetooth Devices

PipeWire 0.3.67 is now available as the latest version of this now widely used server by the Linux desktop for managing audio and video streams as an alternative to PulseAudio and JACK on the audio side...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Cool, I'm sure the year of the Linux desktop is only one more complete rewrite of yet another sound server system away ;-) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acME6TKPRo0

Comment

Originally posted by rene View Post
      Cool, I'm sure the year of the Linux desktop is only one more complete rewrite of yet another sound server system away ;-) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acME6TKPRo0
      PipeWire is the first sound server in Linux that I've had no serious issues with. ESD (EsounD) is the close second but it was abandoned and I don't remember why.

The absolute worst sound server in Linux for me was artsd in KDE 3. I had nothing but troubles with it. It crashed all the time, froze, used 100% of CPU all of a sudden, etc. etc. etc.

Comment

Originally posted by rene View Post
        By the way rewrites goes, Rust is the reason to corrode code (I am being ironic, not saying that the Rust language is bad).

Comment

i dont view pipewire as a rewrite. of course it does re implement a lot of existing. however it has plenty of new features added too. so a real superset

Comment

What happened to Pipewire AVB?

Comment

Originally posted by avis View Post

PipeWire is the first sound server in Linux that I've had no serious issues with. ESD (EsounD) is the close second but it was abandoned and I don't remember why.
              Lucky you. I tried using it with my Bluetooth headset and it was a nightmare. Microphone would stop working suddenly after a few minutes.

I wanted to help them troubleshoot, but then things got even worse with the following release, so I gave up and returned to PulseAudio, because I really need something that works every day.

Comment

For me PipeWire works excellent for audio recording with a low latency (I use REAPER for that), standard things like a games, movies etc and bluetooth hardware (JBL devices).

Comment

Originally posted by LubosD View Post

Lucky you. I tried using it with my Bluetooth headset and it was a nightmare. Microphone would stop working suddenly after a few minutes.

I wanted to help them troubleshoot, but then things got even worse with the following release, so I gave up and returned to PulseAudio, because I really need something that works every day.
                  PipeWire works fine for me for the most part, but I do experience this stuttering issue over Bluetooth. Also, the mic of my IEM doesn't really work. I mean: it shows input as working, but when I play it back, all I hear is noise, even with the input volume on 1%.

Comment

Annoying additional BT delay that kicks in all of a sudden once again drove me to Windows. Another case of pure chance if something works in Linux world.

Comment

Working...
                    X