Lenovo Yoga C630 Snapdragon Laptop Seeing Fresh Linux Improvements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lenovo Yoga C630 Snapdragon Laptop Seeing Fresh Linux Improvements

Phoronix: Lenovo Yoga C630 Snapdragon Laptop Seeing Fresh Linux Improvements

When it comes to Linux on Arm laptops the recent excitement has been around the Asahi Linux porting work for the Apple M2 MacBooks and Linux 6.0 supporting the Qualcomm Snapdragon 8cx Gen3 and the flagship Lenovo ThinkPad X13s Arm laptop. Launched a few years ago though was the Lenovo Yoga C630 powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 850 and thanks now to the work of Linaro that older Arm laptop is seeing Linux support improvements...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I hope no one minds if I repost my question from an earlier thread:

Originally posted by Me
    I've been eyeing one of these on eBay, but getting information on the specifics of Linux support is frustrating Would you mind answering a few questions?

1. Does mainline Linux support Suspend/ Resume on these devices?
    2. If so, how reliably? Does it manage to Suspend/ Resume 100% of the time?
    3. What's the approximate power drain during Suspend, in battery life percentage-points per hour?
    4. What's the battery life like, in general? Under Windows, I believe it's something insane like 25 hours or so, screen-on time ... is it approximately the same under Linux?
    5. Do you know if it hardware video decoding is supported under mainline Linux?

Many thanks in advance!

Comment

Cool. I set up Linux on one of these. Not the best experience but it is usable. I'll keep an eye for it getting mainlined.

Comment

The going rate on ebay seems to be about $200, for a used one.

Comment

Got a used Galaxy Book S Snapdragon 8cx for quite a good price but the linux support is not as good for it as for the older Yoga ( https://github.com/aarch64-laptops/d...ent-1211326195 : not charging, slow, etc ...). Apparently we need a "galaxy book s dtb" (device tree blob) for linux to work better on the Galaxy Book S ... a dev has worked on it ( https://github.com/aarch64-laptops/d...ent-1212253920 ) and hopefully he (or somebody else) will continue to work on it as it s a nice very light and slim device ...

Comment

Working...
          X