No announcement yet.

Turnip Vulkan Driver Now Works With Zink For OpenGL 4.6, Approaching Vulkan 1.3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turnip Vulkan Driver Now Works With Zink For OpenGL 4.6, Approaching Vulkan 1.3

Phoronix: Turnip Vulkan Driver Now Works With Zink For OpenGL 4.6, Approaching Vulkan 1.3

Mesa's Turnip driver that provides open-source Vulkan support for Qualcomm Adreno graphics processors continues maturing nicely and is approaching Vulkan 1.3 conformance...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

i've been thinking about looking into packaging turnip into mpv-android for mpv's gpu-next support. since majority of gpu drivers on android are all outdated and missing timeline_semaphore support. causing vulkan to usually just not work of many devices, (sometimes in the case of qualcomm it fails elegantly and mostly works, but mali just dies in many cases lol).

short term though probably just punting everyone into gles. instead

Comment

I guess a performance comparison for GL between freedreno and turnip+zink would be interesting. And maybe a GLES between freedreno and turnip+zink and - if supported - turnip+angle.
      I also guess that this would require quite a lot of work for “little” gain.

Comment

Working...
      X