Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Radeon Software for Linux 18.10 Brings Vulkan 1.1, Ubuntu 16.04.4 / SLE 12 SP3 Support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radeon Software for Linux 18.10 Brings Vulkan 1.1, Ubuntu 16.04.4 / SLE 12 SP3 Support

Phoronix: Radeon Software for Linux 18.10 Brings Vulkan 1.1, Ubuntu 16.04.4 / SLE 12 SP3 Support

AMD quietly released their Radeon Software for Linux 18.10 driver. This was what was basically referred to as "AMDGPU-PRO" but is now part of the "Radeon Software" branding especially with this driver package continuing to offer the option of an "AMDGPU All-Open" stack to complement the PRO components...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Michael, did you ever checked how their Pro Mesa build perform?

Or should i say Mesa blob

Comment

I wonder which kernel versions are supported by the DKMS driver...

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post
        Don't wonder, just download a driver and look as deep as you can as usual deal with these AMD blobbies

Without looking that would be... whatever kernels supported distros have by default
        Last edited by dungeon; 30 April 2018, 11:54 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post
          The support is targeted to the latest stock kernel for all of the supported distros. So I would say the default kernel version that is the highest of the bunch.

EDIT: With that said, it could very well work on newer kernels, but are just not officially supported.

Comment

are ryzen apus supported? i would like to try rocm on my 2400G

Comment

Originally posted by Mystro256 View Post

The support is targeted to the latest stock kernel for all of the supported distros. So I would say the default kernel version that is the highest of the bunch.

EDIT: With that said, it could very well work on newer kernels, but are just not officially supported.
              Unrelated, but how is https://mesamatrix.net/ coming along for vulkan? :-)

Comment

Can this driver handle OpenCL VEGA under non-ROCm (non PCIE atomics) hardware? Is it possible?

Comment

Still no way to run Freesync on Xorg 1.19 AFAIK....

Comment

Originally posted by Mystro256 View Post

I just checked, and it only supports 4.13 but at least there is RT for 4.13

Comment

Working...
                    X