LLVM 6.0 Is Being Branched In One Week, LLVM 7.0 Development To Begin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LLVM 6.0 Is Being Branched In One Week, LLVM 7.0 Development To Begin

Phoronix: LLVM 6.0 Is Being Branched In One Week, LLVM 7.0 Development To Begin

LLVM release manager Hans Wennborg is moving ahead with plans to branch the LLVM 6.0 code and its components earlier than anticipated...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Sadly won't be making it to Ubuntu 18.04.

Comment

Little typo:

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
      branching to llvm-dev>

Comment

Does LLVM being dragged until around march have any prejudice to someone? Don't know if it is a good/bad thing...

Comment

Will LLVM6 affect the MESA/Radeon/AMDGPU/RADV performance if compiled with it VS using 4.9/5.0 or whatever is the standard now?

Comment

Originally posted by theriddick View Post
            Will LLVM6 affect the MESA/Radeon/AMDGPU/RADV performance if compiled with it VS using 4.9/5.0 or whatever is the standard now?
            For at least newer generations, yes very likely.
            Michael Larabel
            https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

I hope they'll fix bug 99923 on the freedesktop bug tracker. It would end a year of non-working HITMAN (2016) for me, but I don't believe in that because no progress has been made on that bug and no developer said anything (well Samuel Pitoiset chimed in in February be it looks like he lost interest fairly fast).
              LLVM 3.9 was the last version working with HITMAN (2016) and it's broken since 4.0. :-(

Comment

Working...
              X