No announcement yet.

GCC 8 & LLVM Clang 6.0 Compiler Performance On AMD EPYC - November 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where can one even buy such a beast that was used here for testing? This system would make a kickass workstation.

Comment

Originally posted by aht0 View Post

CMake

Xbmc for example has switched over to cmake in their master branch. They used to use autotools.

CMake language looks also like pretty straightforward to use.
      Meson is the cool new hype tool. Everyone luves it.

Comment

Methinks GCC kiketh athth!!!

Comment

Originally posted by trivialfis
          I have been interested in switching GCC's build system for something other than autotools, the idea is still very early so I didn't ask anything about it in their mailing list.
          One big question in mind is that whether distributing without the new build system as dependence is still necessary today.

If I simply change it to something like meson or cmake, user will need these tools to be installed in order to compile GCC, while autotools doesn't have such a requirement.

On the other hand, generating tons of bash code hurts performance and portability, even complexity. I don't have lots of experience with devices other than a PC. It would be nice to hear some options outside.
          It's just bring more portability and reduce efforts to support build system, I know about it because I ported Postgres to CMake - https://github.com/stalkerg/postgres_cmake .

Comment

WTF is going on with Redis? that looks very suspicious.

Comment

look to use some compiler web server related test i.e. nginx, apache, php

Comment

Working...
              X