LLVM 3.9 Officially Released

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dungeon View Post

Borked is borked, ignorant is ignorant and shit is shit.
    Beware, troll level 38 here

I just bought an RX 480 but I have Fedora 24 which have Linux 4.7 but LLVM 3.8 only. I confirm Alien: Isolation doesn't work with this version of LLVM. Don't know when 3.9 will hit the repositories so I'll compile my own llvm I think.

Chewi By any luck, do you have problem with Dota 2 and GNOME? I keep having the GNOME top bar displayed when in game and it creates an offset on all my inputs (putting my mouse on the bottom border don't make the camera to move down on the map for instance)

Comment

Creak, sorry I don't play Dota 2 or use GNOME! I would guess you have some kind of Always On Top option set? Failing that, try enabling an Autohide option if there is one, maybe that will work around it.

Comment

It's not an always on top setting as it was working 20 minutes before with my old HD 6870, I'll try to get an autohide plugin, that might work! And I'll bug some GNOME devs as well

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Creak View Post

Beware, troll level 38 here

I just bought an RX 480 but I have Fedora 24 which have Linux 4.7 but LLVM 3.8 only. I confirm Alien: Isolation doesn't work with this version of LLVM. Don't know when 3.9 will hit the repositories so I'll compile my own llvm I think.
          On average something always does not work or is buggy or not on some combinations/versions, so depends on what you are interesting at... but yeah with llvm 3.8 mesa will only expose GL 4.1, so i guess A: I is one of those games that require more then that

As always if compiling is not a problem that does not hurt

Comment

Originally posted by dungeon View Post

On average something always does not work or is buggy or not on some combinations/versions, so depends on what you are interesting at... but yeah with llvm 3.8 mesa will only expose GL 4.1, so i guess A: I is one of those games that require more then that

As always if compiling is not a problem that does not hurt
            Alien Isolation requires compute shaders (GL 4.3). Without those, the game will still run, but uses uninitialized values which causes crazy colors to appear.

Comment

Working...
            X