Mozilla's Llamafile 0.8.2 Scores Big With New AVX2 Performance Optimizations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Quackdoc View Post

it's not hard to rebase and merge a couple patches...
    Apparently it's too hard for you to read. Hint: That's not what I asked you to show me

Comment

Originally posted by swastika View Post
      Apparently it's too hard for you to read. Hint: That's not what I asked you to show me
      yes it sure is, I said that there is really low hanging fruit that mozilla could do to make firefox better then chrome, the greatest single example of this is to rebase and merge the JXL patches. Another example would be the MKV demuxer patches to allow .mka and .mkvs to load without needing to resort to webm workarounds. there were quite a few other outstanding PRs that have been left to rot that would be great additions, but I can't remember them off the top of my head.

Comment

yes it sure is
        Nah but I got the confirmation that you are unable to read or offer a PR. Remember no open source projects owes you anything.

Comment

Nah but I got the confirmation that you are unable to read or offer a PR.
          I said mozilla could implement these low hanging fruits, which is rebasing and merging these patches, I can easily, and have done so, rebased the patches, and made myself a build, it's not hard. you said "talk is cheap show you the code" I don't need to, other forks already have it, even waterfox supports jpeg-xl with these patches.

many these low hanging fruits are literally rebasing and merging patches. it's not that hard to do. I realize for some people it may seem complicated, but anyone with an afternoon could do it easily.

https://github.com/BrowserWorks/Wate...ull/2938/files.
          Remember no open source projects owes you anything.
          you are right, but no open source project gets owed anything either. If firefox wants people to stop shit talking them, they would stop wasting the donated money and implement features their donators ask for. especially considering we cant even add these features ourselves unless we want to use a separate fork, which many people now do. If firefox want's to pretend to be "about the community and people" it at least needs to act like it.

Comment

I think we'll prioritize AVIF for now, so right now we are not actively investing in this, given that we have limited resource.​
            Well, that answer makes sense *IF* they decide they are not going to pursue JXL.
            You clearly know that while your work is done after merging the code,
            mozilla has more code they need to maintain. Hence limited resources.

This is an attempt to pretend that the people can contribute to firefox. we can't.
            we cannot add the features we want to firefox, they will be rejected, even if the feature is extending something already inside of firefox, that is locked behind nightly.
            You cannot add any features you want to a given open source project.
            In the end it is the decision of the maintainers. Always.
            Mozilla is no different here than any other project.

Comment

Aside from being a single file, are there any other advantages over ollama? Considering ollamas vast model library I'd rather use that.

Comment

you said "talk is cheap show you the code" I don't need to
                That's not what you said originally. You said pay me and then when I asked for a PR to demonstrate your skills, you are backpedaling heavily.

you are right, but no open source project gets owed anything either.
                Right but they are not asking you to do anything. You are the one whining about not accepting some features which they have every right not to. You should use one of those forks you were pointing out and move on.

Comment

Originally posted by Lycanthropist View Post
                  Aside from being a single file, are there any other advantages over ollama? Considering ollamas vast model library I'd rather use that.
                  As far as I am aware, no. The point is to just make the thing even easier to run.

Comment

Originally posted by oleid View Post
                    Well, that answer makes sense *IF* they decide they are not going to pursue JXL.
                    You clearly know that while your work is done after merging the code,
                    mozilla has more code they need to maintain. Hence limited resources.

You cannot add any features you want to a given open source project.
                    In the end it is the decision of the maintainers. Always.
                    Mozilla is no different here than any other project.
                    the issue is that

A) this is a nightly feature so there is no security burden.
                    B) these patch sets are very minimal.
                    C) Jpeg-xl is one of the more highly requested features​, even bloody apple supports it.

That's not what you said originally. You said pay me and then when I asked for a PR to demonstrate your skills, you are backpedaling heavily.
                    you asked for my skills in getting the features I want into firefox, unless you have no concept of context​.
                    Right but they are not asking you to do anything. You are the one whining about not accepting some features which they have every right not to. You should use one of those forks you were pointing out and move on.
                    no. If mozilla want's to pretend they are "for the community" when they both refuse to implement highly asked for features that even other web browsers now have like JXL decode going so far to even reject contributions that make these features useful, as well as keep begging for donations when they already have loads of funding they refuse to allot to firefox, Im going to keep talking shit about them, because people keep defending their abhorrent behavior.

Comment

you asked for my skills in getting the features I want into firefox
                      Nah. Failure to read again. Go back and see what was asked for.

If mozilla want's to pretend they are "for the community".
                      You seem confused on what that means. Community doesn't mean you make arbitrary demands of pet features from any open source projects.

Comment

Working...
                      X