Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Redict 7.3 Released As Fork Of Open-Source Redis

Phoronix: Redict 7.3 Released As Fork Of Open-Source Redis

In addition to the Linux Foundation and others starting Valkey as a fork of the open-source Redis following the upstream move to dual source-available licensing, Redict is another new fork getting established...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Pulling and re-licensing Valkey fixes (and it seems likely that is where most substantial fixes are going to come from) into a LGPL licensed project is not going to really differentiate Redict from Valkey, no matter the "social and political aims" that Redict has stated as one of their primary objectives. Most projects and distros are likely to follow and package the Valkey project where the majority of the (non-Redis employed) developers are now going to be contributing.

Comment

What is the need for these forks? Isn’t the new Redis license only effect cloud service providers?

Comment

Originally posted by Phoronix
        Moving forward Redict plans to focus on modernizing its build system possibly by using Muon
        This is my first time hearing about muon. Having a Meson compatible build-system written in C seems like a great idea. I tried to symlink /usr/bin/muon to /usr/bin/meson on my Gentoo system and that predictably broke things but if they can get it to be more compatible that'll be fantastic. It feels like Meson somehow manages to break something every time they do a new release.

Comment

Why not look at Dragonfly, a multithreaded redis and memcached implementation? https://github.com/dragonflydb/dragonfly

Comment

Working...
          X