Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Llamafile 0.7 Brings AVX-512 Support: 10x Faster Prompt Eval Times For AMD Zen 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by qarium View Post
    you never have to install driver on linux. you never have to google for a fucking driver.
    Because there are none. Nobody writes drivers for a 2% OS. If the support is not in the kernel, you are out of luck.

PS: Have you tried to run the DATEV software in WINE?

Comment

Originally posted by Ladis View Post
      Because there are none. Nobody writes drivers for a 2% OS. If the support is not in the kernel, you are out of luck.
      PS: Have you tried to run the DATEV software in WINE?
      even if DATEV runs in wine no business man would do so ... and i am pretty sure that this piece of shit of a software who is fully paranoid with usb hardware dongle and so one even if wine would be perfectly fine i am sure they make sure it will not run.
      Phantom circuit Sequence Reducer Dyslexia

Comment

even if DATEV runs in wine no business man would do so ... and i am pretty sure that this piece of shit of a software who is fully paranoid with usb hardware dongle and so one even if wine would be perfectly fine i am sure they make sure it will not run.
        In our company we left hardware USB dongles long ago. Yes, they would probably not work in WINE, as they required to install system drivers. WINE emulates the environment for the application, not a full surrounding OS. But you can still run full Windows in a virtualization. Passing USB devices to VM is very simple.

Comment

In our company we left hardware USB dongles long ago. Yes, they would probably not work in WINE, as they required to install system drivers. WINE emulates the environment for the application, not a full surrounding OS. But you can still run full Windows in a virtualization. Passing USB devices to VM is very simple.
          to install linux and then to use a VM to install windows inside the VM and then pass though the usb device ...

well we have one computer with linux and windows in a VM...

why exactly would you do something like this for a DATEV computer ? what windows licence cost will you save with that ?

makes no sense at all because you want to stop give microsoft money... with windows in a VM you still need a licence from microsoft.

Comment

to install linux and then to use a VM to install windows inside the VM and then pass though the usb device ...

well we have one computer with linux and windows in a VM...

why exactly would you do something like this for a DATEV computer ? what windows licence cost will you save with that ?

makes no sense at all because you want to stop give microsoft money... with windows in a VM you still need a licence from microsoft.
            Windows license is like €8.

Comment

Windows license is like €8.
              yes the last windows 11 pro license i bought on ebay was 8€ right but it is not about the 8€ it is about the EULA

Comment

Working...
              X