Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Microsoft Engineer Sends Rust Linux Kernel Patches For In-Place Module Initialization

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

₼$

₲00₲£€

____

Comment

Originally posted by Ladis View Post

The install button is probably only in browsers supporting it. SHould be Chrome, maybe Edge.
      Yeah, i have tried it in Chrome on Linux... no luck. I will have to try it out in Edge on Linux.

Comment

Originally posted by spicfoo View Post

They stopped offering the "desktop app" which was Electron based anyway. You should be able to continue using the web version. There are also other unofficial ones if you want to go that way.
        But do desktop notifications work in the PWA? With Discord, desktop notifications in the desktop app are already a hit or miss but in the PWA of the web version created with Chrome, I get no desktop notifications at all, despite them being enabled.

Comment

Originally posted by Vistaus View Post

But do desktop notifications work in the PWA? With Discord, desktop notifications in the desktop app are already a hit or miss but in the PWA of the web version created with Chrome, I get no desktop notifications at all, despite them being enabled.
          Yes it does work but thanks to the monopoly of Chrome based browsers, it may not work in Firefox and sometimes they are Chrome or even Edge specific. It's a mess.

Comment

Yes it does work but thanks to the monopoly of Chrome based browsers, it may not work in Firefox and sometimes they are Chrome or even Edge specific. It's a mess.
            One type of notifications goes via Google servers - those work only in Chrome (have opened Chrome, not needed to have opened the tab with that web app). The universal type works only from the opened running page (some browsers, e.g. Firefox, have a feature to pin the tab - will occupy less space in the tabs bar and will open in background after each browser start).

It's similar to the new case with Apple, where Apple refuses to send people's private data through the Google's servers for the RCS messages to fully work.

Comment

Originally posted by Ladis View Post

But Google is nothing better, as written above your comment. No PWA support on Linux (but it is in Edge).
              Google is also bad and greedy company.

Comment

Microsoft contributing to Linux kernel feels like Sauron offering his metallurgy knowledge to the elves. "Here, let me help you with those ring thingies..."

Comment

I bet Windows 12 or 13 will be Linux based, with a proprietary compatibility layer (something like Wine, but 100% working).

Comment

Originally posted by lucrus View Post
                    I bet Windows 12 or 13 will be Linux based, with a proprietary compatibility layer (something like Wine, but 100% working).
                    LOL as if Linux would offer anything better than NT for its users

Comment

They stopped offering the "desktop app" which was Electron based anyway. You should be able to continue using the web version. There are also other unofficial ones if you want to go that way.
                      The official PWA works much, much better than the original desktop app that was using a very old version of Electron and as a result does not recognise Wayland.

As of right now it's superior to anything the competition has to offer. Voice is even clear and fluid under a shitty < 2mbps mobile hotspot connection, something Zoom simply fails to match. Whatever proprietary extensions or protocol Teams is using for its voice transport, it's definitely trashing the competition.

Comment

Working...
                      X