Rust-Tailored Slint GUI Toolkit Adding Python API

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rmfx View Post

I agree with this. Even if Kraken provides some sponsor, I still find it strange that S76 is not also supporting Hector Ramon financially.
    He's maintaining Iced by himself and developing most of the features, with a few spontaneous contributors.
    You would be mistaken to assume that System76 and the COSMIC team hasn't been. Kraken doesn't even contribute code to Iced, whereas Iced uses code written by System76.

Comment

Originally posted by Quackdoc View Post

I believe I adequately explained why I think slint is a good UI kit
      ... by basically tearing down every other toolkit.

I agree with you on every single point you bring up - but that does not automagically make slint good.

Comment

Originally posted by lowflyer View Post

... by basically tearing down every other toolkit.

I agree with you on every single point you bring up - but that does not automagically make slint good.
        the examples I gave of other toolkits having issues are where slint's strength lies

Slint;
        Easily compiles to android now, Has low ram usage while being fast and snappy, Has good gpu perf when available thanks to being able to run using skia (ogl, vulkan, d3d12, metal), good cpu perf thanks to being a natively compiled application without mucking with layers. And forgive me I left this part out by accident, it is fairly simple to work with, albiet it's current limitations with lack of widgets and the .slint language being not super great atm (Though you can also just use rust which is much more flexible at the current time, not sure how python plays into this.)

Comment

Originally posted by Quackdoc View Post

the examples I gave of other toolkits having issues are where slint's strength lies

Slint;
          Easily compiles to android now, Has low ram usage while being fast and snappy, Has good gpu perf when available thanks to being able to run using skia (ogl, vulkan, d3d12, metal), good cpu perf thanks to being a natively compiled application without mucking with layers. And forgive me I left this part out by accident, it is fairly simple to work with, albiet it's current limitations with lack of widgets and the .slint language being not super great atm (Though you can also just use rust which is much more flexible at the current time, not sure how python plays into this.)
          Thanks!

Comment

Working...
          X