Git Developers Discuss The Possibility Of Beginning To Use Rust Code

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Git Developers Discuss The Possibility Of Beginning To Use Rust Code

Phoronix: Git Developers Discuss The Possibility Of Beginning To Use Rust Code

The latest open-source project eyeing the possibility of beginning to allow the Rust programming language to be used within its codebase is the Git project...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

There is, of course, also a project to write a fully Rust implementation, for those who are interested: https://github.com/Byron/gitoxide

Comment

Originally posted by zcansi View Post
      There is, of course, also a project to write a fully Rust implementation, for those who are interested: https://github.com/Byron/gitoxide
      Ive been meaning to test it out but never got around to it

Comment

The slogan of Rust really is to spread huh?

Comment

Originally posted by Sethox View Post
          Who would've guessed that successful things tend to become popular

Comment

Originally posted by bachchain View Post
            Yeah, it's interesting to be sure. If Linus accepts it for the Kernel, it's viable for me to try it as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Sethox View Post
              When you lower the pH level rust spreads faster. And as we likely all remember from HS chemistry, coffee and soda are both acidic. Those being two favorite things of programmers, rust happens.

Comment

Originally posted by bachchain View Post

If by "successful" you mean "annoying language activists ensure 90% of current contributors will no longer contribute", sure.

Comment

As much as I enjoy Rust, I do think it makes sense to wait for a GCC implementation of the compiler for such a crossplatform project as Git.

Comment

Originally posted by peterdk View Post
                    As much as I enjoy Rust, I do think it makes sense to wait for a GCC implementation of the compiler for such a crossplatform project as Git.
                    That's what I thought. Choosing Ada would be better as it is supported in gcc

Comment

Working...
                    X