Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PHPStan 1.0 Released As Leading PHP Static Analyzer

Phoronix: PHPStan 1.0 Released As Leading PHP Static Analyzer

PHPStan 1.0 was released today as the first stable release for this leading open-source PHP static analysis tool...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Have you evaluated `phan/phan` or `vimeo/psalm` ? If so, why do you prefer PHPstan over them?

Comment

Originally posted by tsuru View Post
      Have you evaluated `phan/phan` or `vimeo/psalm` ? If so, why do you prefer PHPstan over them?
      never heard of them but do they have things like rector built on top of them?

For drupal especially, drupal-rector is a major feature for updating code to latest changes of underlying libraries etc.

Comment

It would be great if it supported Language Server Protocol (LSP) and support in code editors such as VS Code.

Would also be great if there was a GitHub Action for it so it could be ran automatically on all commits and pull requests.

Comment

How does PHAR work these days?
          I tried it some years ago and I thought it was really cool, but it felt buggy and immature.

Comment

Michael You still haven't reviewed my PR which would provide better PHPStan results for PTS, should I just close it?

This add phpDoc to some of the code in pts-core/objects, the types where determined by running debug-self-test through phpweaver for a few secounds and then manually verityfing the result. phpDoc c...

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
              Would also be great if there was a GitHub Action for it so it could be ran automatically on all commits and pull requests.
              Setting that up is pretty trivial:
              Code:
              name: PHPStan

on:
              push:
              branches:
              - master
              pull_request:
              branches:
              - master

jobs:
              tests:
              runs-on: ubuntu-latest
              strategy:
              matrix:
              php: [ '7.4' ]
              steps:
              - name: Checkout
              uses: actions/checkout@v2

- name: Setup PHP
              uses: shivammathur/setup-php@v2
              with:
              php-version: '7.4'
              tools: composer:v2

- name: Install dependencies
              run: composer install

- name: PHPStan
              run: vendor/bin/phpstan analyze --no-progress

Comment

Originally posted by tsuru View Post
                I was disapointed by phan/phan it had lots of false positives, requires php extensions and overall just didn't work as well as the others.

`vimeo/psalm` is grate, it can automatically correct some types of errors in the code, I find it can be a bit more pedantic then PHPStan and less organized, but once I get a project running well with PHPStan i often apply Psalm to it as well, and I will also use it as a tool for dealing with some of the issues found by PHPStan even before that.

Originally posted by You- View Post
                never heard of them but do they have things like rector built on top of them?
                Rector doesn't really deal with static analysis, it's just a tool for automatically refactoring code.

Comment

Originally posted by AJenbo View Post

Setting that up is pretty trivial:
                  Code:
                  name: PHPStan

on:
                  push:
                  branches:
                  - master
                  pull_request:
                  branches:
                  - master

jobs:
                  tests:
                  runs-on: ubuntu-latest
                  strategy:
                  matrix:
                  php: [ '7.4' ]
                  steps:
                  - name: Checkout
                  uses: actions/checkout@v2

- name: Setup PHP
                  uses: shivammathur/setup-php@v2
                  with:
                  php-version: '7.4'
                  tools: composer:v2

- name: Install dependencies
                  run: composer install

- name: PHPStan
                  run: vendor/bin/phpstan analyze --no-progress
                  Maybe create a pull request for phoronix-test-suite on GitHub.
                  The Phoronix Test Suite open-source, cross-platform automated testing/benchmarking software. - GitHub - phoronix-test-suite/phoronix-test-suite: The Phoronix Test Suite open-source, cross-platform automated testing/benchmarking software.

Comment

Originally posted by AJenbo View Post
                    Michael You still haven't reviewed my PR which would provide better PHPStan results for PTS, should I just close it?

https://github.com/phoronix-test-sui...suite/pull/378
                    I'll need to revisit it now that I know it can be used for such cases... To now I thought that PR was mainly for documentation / reference purposes so sadly hasn't beeen too much of a priority given the lack of any significant number of external contributors to the project. But main concern would remain that the comments will quickly fall out-of-date / lose coverage, or what would be the steps to regenerate such data?
                    Michael Larabel
                    https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Working...
                    X