Red Hat Tosses Its Weight Behind Quarkus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jabberwocky View Post

Lambda calculus was introduced by the mathematician Alonzo Church in the 1930s.

Anonymous functions are introduced using the keyword lambda, and anonymous functions are often referred to as lambdas or lambda abstractions. Anonymous functions have been a feature of programming languages since Lisp in 1958. In 2020 it is still called Anonymous or lambda functions by competent developers regardless of what generation they are from.
    Cool story bro. No idea how that relates to my comment or the comment I was replying to.
    Last edited by Larry$ilverstein; 29 May 2020, 12:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Larry$ilverstein View Post

Cool story bro. No idea how that relates to my comment or the comment I was replying to.
      You quoted: "I still ponder if "serverless" is really a good term. It's somewhat descriptive".

You said: "They're dumbing down the language for the next generation of developers".

I said: "In 2020 it is still called Anonymous or lambda functions by competent developers".

I can speak asshole-child dialect if that helps with your comprehension?

Comment

You quoted: "I still ponder if "serverless" is really a good term. It's somewhat descriptive".

You said: "They're dumbing down the language for the next generation of developers".

I said: "In 2020 it is still called Anonymous or lambda functions by competent developers".

I can speak asshole-child dialect if that helps with your comprehension?
        1. I'm a vastly more competent programmer than you
        2. I meant "language" as in English language.
        3. What does Lambda calculus have to do with English?
        4. On second thoughts, don't bother answering the above -- I've got better things to do than talk to low IQ losers

Comment

1. I'm a vastly more competent programmer than you
          2. I meant "language" as in English language.
          3. What does Lambda calculus have to do with English?
          4. On second thoughts, don't bother answering the above -- I've got better things to do than talk to low IQ losers
          You don't know me at all, yet you claim be more competent. Please try to use better logic when trolling. This isn't kindergarten forums.

Comment

You don't know me at all, yet you claim be more competent. Please try to use better logic when trolling. This isn't kindergarten forums.
            Try to use your brain when reading next time. Also try to be less pretentious.

Imagine bringing up lambda calculus and how "competent" you are when I was just talking about English, not programming. Talk about low IQ...

Comment

Try to use your brain when reading next time. Also try to be less pretentious.

Imagine bringing up lambda calculus and how "competent" you are when I was just talking about English, not programming. Talk about low IQ...
              A bit of strawman there. The original use of "competent" was used in a completely different context than you are implying here.

Comment

Working...
              X