Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

LLVM 9.0 Released With Ability To Build The Linux x86_64 Kernel, Experimental OpenCL C++

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LLVM 9.0 Released With Ability To Build The Linux x86_64 Kernel, Experimental OpenCL C++

Phoronix: LLVM 9.0 Released With Ability To Build The Linux x86_64 Kernel, Experimental OpenCL C++

It's coming almost one month behind schedule, but LLVM 9.0 is out today along with the Clang 9.0 C/C++ compiler and associated sub-projects for this open-source compiler infrastructure...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

yep, excessively done that the last weeks ;-) full Link-Time Optimized Linux distribution with musl/clang: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_kQ3Q_yzzTQ

Comment

So will we get to see some tests run on a kernel/system built woth LLVM now Michael ?

Comment

Azpegath here these are the first ones.

Comment

Typo:

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
          See the aforlinked feature overview

Comment

Last time I tried to compile the Kernel with Clang there were still some interesting objtool warnings left. I will check it out if it is still the case.

Comment

Pretty impressive actually, I thought linux clang project was mostly dead or at least stuck.

Comment

Benchmarks with gcc 9.2 and Clang 10 SVN ? Michael

Comment

Working...
                X