Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PHP 7.4-RC1 Released With The Performance Looking Real Good - PHP 7.4 Benchmarks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PHP 7.4-RC1 Released With The Performance Looking Real Good - PHP 7.4 Benchmarks

Phoronix: PHP 7.4-RC1 Released With The Performance Looking Real Good - PHP 7.4 Benchmarks

PHP 7.4-RC1 was released this week as this next annual update to the PHP programming implementation nears. Here is a look at how the PHP 7.4-RC1 performance looks like compared to the major releases going back to PHP 5.6...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
    access C functions/variables/structions,
    Structions... I thought it was structures?

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post

Structions... I thought it was structures?
      Yep
      Michael Larabel
      https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Honestly, ??= is the best here. It is a next good proposed lifesaver, close to ??, I'm already tired of writing long if-!isset()-based sub-array and counter initializers for all these years. Now it would be just $arr1[$key1] ??= []; or $arr1[$key1] ??= 0;

New object serialization approach seems pretty logical as well indeed.

And yeah it clearly seems like we are in for some other few % of performance improvements. Thanks for benching it!

Comment

hey Michael - are there any memory usage changes?

Comment

PHP 7.4 also comes with typed properties which lets you write more robust code.

Comment

TGA support, yeah! Needed that 10 years ago! Nice.

Comment

Originally posted by Alex/AT View Post
                Honestly, ??= is the best here. It is a next good proposed lifesaver, close to ??, I'm already tired of writing long if-!isset()-based sub-array and counter initializers for all these years. Now it would be just $arr1[$key1] ??= []; or $arr1[$key1] ??= 0;

New object serialization approach seems pretty logical as well indeed.

And yeah it clearly seems like we are in for some other few % of performance improvements. Thanks for benching it!
                IMHO,
                Performance is always welcome, and should be the main focus of every project.
                However, taking the opportunity to make small incremmental improvements in other areas should also be taken...

Comment

Working...
                X