X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• timofonic
    replied
    Originally posted by s_j_newbury View Post
    I wish they'd drop QtWebEngine and pick back up QtWebKit since it's being maintained again. QtWebEngine was a terrible mistake on the part of Qt, being dependent on Google and presumably having to verify every Chromium sub-project for security/licensing since it duplicates pretty much all the functionality QtWebKit provided through system libraries (~3x the installed size). Not to mention that QtWebEngine is still stuck on Chromium-69 as it's impossible to maintain a stable API while keeping up with Chromium releases.
    I partially agree. Do we need to depend on Apple Inc. bullshit instead Google crap? I see things depending on corporations like those are a big mistake to the World Wide Web and friends.

Leave a comment:

• s_j_newbury
    replied
    I wish they'd drop QtWebEngine and pick back up QtWebKit since it's being maintained again. QtWebEngine was a terrible mistake on the part of Qt, being dependent on Google and presumably having to verify every Chromium sub-project for security/licensing since it duplicates pretty much all the functionality QtWebKit provided through system libraries (~3x the installed size). Not to mention that QtWebEngine is still stuck on Chromium-69 as it's impossible to maintain a stable API while keeping up with Chromium releases.

Leave a comment:

• alpha_one_x86
    replied
    Maybe C++ standard container type... to have greater performance.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X