Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cairo 1.16 Released With OpenGL ES 3.0 Support, Colored Emojis

Phoronix: Cairo 1.16 Released With OpenGL ES 3.0 Support, Colored Emojis

It's been four years since the debut of the Cairo 1.14 stable series and today that has been succeeded by Cairo 1.16. Cairo, as a reminder, is the vector graphics library for 2D drawing and supports back-ends ranging from OpenGL to PDF, PostScript, DirectFB, and SVG outputs. Cairo is used by the likes of the GTK+ tool-kit, Mozilla's Gecko engine, Gnuplot, Poppler, and many other open-source projects...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Nice!

This makes me wonder if a Vulkan backend is coming. I didn't see any indications one way or the other on the Cairo web site.

Comment

Still no gamma correction https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/cairo/cairo/issues/2 8 years long

Comment

Originally posted by wizard69 View Post
        Nice!

This makes me wonder if a Vulkan backend is coming. I didn't see any indications one way or the other on the Cairo web site.
        I had the impression, that cairo is in maintenance mode and that the new and exciting stuff is happening in gsk.

Comment

Working...
        X