Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Git 2.19 Released With Range-Diff, Performance Work, Fixes

Phoronix: Git 2.19 Released With Range-Diff, Performance Work, Fixes

Git 2.19 was released today as the latest stable feature release to this widely-used distributed version control system...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Yay. We started to use submodules heavily recently, so hopefully this release will make our lives easier a little.

Now all we need is GitLab 11.3 and we'll finally have wire protocol v2 support

Edit: oddly enough, the GitHub blogpost doesn't mention the submodule perf work.
    Last edited by anarki2; 11 September 2018, 03:17 AM.

Comment

I am using submodules but they are really painful to work with. I desperately want partial clones.

Comment

Originally posted by paulpach View Post
        I am using submodules but they are really painful to work with. I desperately want partial clones.
        Or maybe LFS?

Comment

in graph serialization blog author states commit hashes to reproduce his benchmark, but does not state hardware, filesystem or even os used. it it is windows(and my guess is it is), then best optimization is to switch to linux, windows filesystem is just too slow

Comment

Originally posted by pal666 View Post
            in graph serialization blog author states commit hashes to reproduce his benchmark, but does not state hardware, filesystem or even os used. it it is windows(and my guess is it is), then best optimization is to switch to linux, windows filesystem is just too slow
            * msys on windows filesystem is just too slow

Comment

Originally posted by anarki2 View Post
              * msys on windows filesystem is just too slow
              lol, no. just windows fs is slow as shit. native windows ssd is slower than nfs in linux. ms created virtual filesystem for git because they can't use git otherwise, since git assumes filesystem is not piece of shit

Comment

Working...
              X