Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lordmozilla
    replied
    [QUOTE=kraftman;88413]I always repeat - Kubuntu's KDE is buggy compared to Arch./QUOTE]

Anyone who has used ubuntu and installed kubuntu will releasise that ubuntu devs are gnome trolls. They manage to make KDE4 absolutely horrible. Its nothing to do with KDE versioning, but their patchingof patching and their belief their patches are way better than kde's team patches. Opensuse managed to make it look as crap as gnome, and well arch didnt change anything, so its as intended!

A little message to the english idiots on these forums. Chill out, think before you speak, not everyone is english, so be nice? If you really care correct the english but dont attack it. You ever made an effort to speak another language on the internet?

Leave a comment:

• kraftman
    replied
    Originally posted by vermaden View Post
    @kraftman

To paraphrase your post:

Who's interested? I'm tired of Linux mess and its disappointing me, but who cares? Wanna another flame?! Grow up...
    You've got the point

Leave a comment:

• vermaden
    replied
    @kraftman

To paraphrase your post:

Who's interested? I'm tired of Linux mess and its disappointing me, but who cares? Wanna another flame?! Grow up...

Leave a comment:

• kraftman
    replied
    Originally posted by panda84 View Post
    Uh, and search for Kubuntu in this and several other forums. You'll get how good is their implementation. Try Arch or Slackware. If you're able to, of course.
    I always repeat - Kubuntu's KDE is buggy compared to Arch.

@Vermaden

I stick to BSDs mostly and learning OpenSolaris from time to time, Linux is dissapointing me, I am tired of its mess geenrally.
    Who's interested? I'm tired of BSD and OpenSolaris mess and they're disappointing me, but who cares? Wanna another flame?! Grow up...
    Last edited by kraftman; 22 August 2009, 03:47 AM.

Leave a comment:

• RealNC
    replied
    Originally posted by krazy View Post
    WTF are you talking about? That's what's shown in the screenshots.
    Edit:
    No wait, that's Firefox, lol. I didn't notice. I got so used to my Firefox looking nice that I totally forgot about it looking like ass without a KDE-friendly Gtk style.
    Last edited by RealNC; 22 August 2009, 12:36 AM.

Leave a comment:

• krazy
    replied
    Originally posted by RealNC View Post
    Actually, the default style is Oxygen and the default Plasma theme is Air. So I guess you're doing something wrong.
    WTF are you talking about? That's what's shown in the screenshots.

Leave a comment:

• RealNC
    replied
    Originally posted by hajma View Post
    Hi, here's the Korona author speaking :-)
    What you see is KDE default theme, Korona's KDE has zero adjustments from defaults, its just OpenSolaris plus KDE packages and autologin set to KDE, nothing else. Deciding on the ugliness of the default theme is pretty subjective, but I don't particularly like it too.
    The widget styles work just fine, it takes two-three clicks to change it.
    Actually, the default style is Oxygen and the default Plasma theme is Air. So I guess you're doing something wrong.

Leave a comment:

• hajma
    replied
    What a MESS with font rendering, they look like shit:

When KDE developers will learn this?
    Hi, this is Korona's author here.
    By default, font aliasing is set to system's settings, but somehow it fails to share the gnome settings and is turned off. We haven't investigated it much, since it only takes two clicks to turn it on.
    You can check the known issues at http://techbase.kde.org/Projects/KDE...Solaris/Status

We've reached the point when we're able to build vast majority of KDE only recently, so only now we're turning to investigate the crashes and other issues.

Leave a comment:

• hajma
    replied
    Originally posted by RealNC View Post
    Hmm, it looks butt-ugly. I suppose the widget styles (Oxygen, etc) won't work yet?
    Hi, here's the Korona author speaking :-)
    What you see is KDE default theme, Korona's KDE has zero adjustments from defaults, its just OpenSolaris plus KDE packages and autologin set to KDE, nothing else. Deciding on the ugliness of the default theme is pretty subjective, but I don't particularly like it too.
    The widget styles work just fine, it takes two-three clicks to change it.

Leave a comment:

• panda84
    replied
    English is not my native language, but I'm doing my best
    Of course I was not blaming you for your english. I'm non-native speaker too, so I know how difficult it is to learn a new language.

That was just to say: if you can admit you ignore some things about english you can admit you ignore some of the internals of fonts rendering too...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X