Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oracle Releases Unbreakable Enterprise Kernel "R5U4"

Phoronix: Oracle Releases Unbreakable Enterprise Kernel "R5U4"

While Unbreakable Enterprise Kernel 6 is the latest and greatest series for Oracle's kernel spin derived from upstream Linux 5.4 as an alternative on Oracle Linux to their "Red Hat Compatible Kernel", for those still making use of the Unbreakable Enterprise Kernel Release 5, a new update was issued today...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

With a name like that they might as well just call it Oracle Titanic

Comment

Originally posted by ElectricPrism View Post
      With a name like that they might as well just call it Oracle Titanic
      I really like it. Imagine the vulnerability name would be obviously "iceberg". That opens a world of play upon words....its just the tip of the iceberg

Comment

How about all vulnerabilities for "Oracle Titanic" given names in the format "iceberg_[name]"

Comment

I am surprised UB Linux is still around. I wonder how many companies still use it. I know I blocked it's use in 2 different companies I worked for.

Comment

Kimmy Schmidt ruined the name of this for me. Not like it was great before then, but ...
            Opening theme by Jeff Richmond-- we were honored to help out and extend for this longer version 🙏🙏🙏- seasons 1-4 & Kimmy vs. the Reverend on Netflix now!...

It also works because Larry Ellison is a massive creep that looks like a Bond villain. And everyone that works at Oracle got tricked into his weird doomsday cult bomb shelter underground.

I'm pretty sure the only people allowed above ground are the lawyers and the license compliance representatives.

Comment

Working...
            X