No announcement yet.

Google Rolls Out Chrome Enterprise: Chrome OS For Work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wouldn't be trusting my company to a monopoly that is on the warpath against anybody and everybody that doesn't line up behind their political views. No thanks!

Comment

Spyware@work? Who would buy laptops for work where Google has access to and claims to own everything ever made on it?

Comment

Originally posted by johnc View Post
        I wouldn't be trusting my company to a monopoly that is on the warpath against anybody and everybody that doesn't line up behind their political views. No thanks!
        +1

/* these are extra chars to make the reply long enough to post */

Comment

Hey bison, we have a like button so we don't flood forums with useless posts.

For me, the biggest advantage that Chrome OS has over Windows is how quickly I can start using it, and how easy it is maintained. I bought one for my Uncle who never had any computer before, and all of his friends with tablets and laptops and macs are constantly having problems. It's probably all user error though.

Inside a business, being able to quickly get working on stuff and not have to worry about maintenance is awesome.
          Last edited by profoundWHALE; 23 August 2017, 10:28 AM.

Comment

Working on what stuff? From my corpo work pov, ChromeOS is useless. I am struggling enough with full fledged Linux distribution (and I have Windows 7 accessible remotely via Citrix just in case). We have Excels that Libreoffice is unable to open, let alone Google Docs. ChromeOS, enterprise, don't make me laugh Google. If they could partnered with Cisco and Citrix perhaps (to get those screen sharing and communicators bullshit to work natively), then maybe...

Comment

Originally posted by carewolf View Post
              Spyware@work? Who would buy laptops for work where Google has access to and claims to own everything ever made on it?
              Ummmmmmmmmmmmm...... when did Google claimed they own stuff you make on ChromeOS?

Comment

Originally posted by reavertm View Post
                Working on what stuff? From my corpo work pov, ChromeOS is useless. I am struggling enough with full fledged Linux distribution (and I have Windows 7 accessible remotely via Citrix just in case). We have Excels that Libreoffice is unable to open, let alone Google Docs. ChromeOS, enterprise, don't make me laugh Google. If they could partnered with Cisco and Citrix perhaps (to get those screen sharing and communicators bullshit to work natively), then maybe...
                I'll probably sound like a pompous brat, but if your excel files are so complex that don't run in either LO and GD then you're probably using them wrong (= you're probably past the point where it would have made more sense to have a dedicated application for that job, maybe backed by an actual database and stuff).

Comment

Originally posted by johnc View Post
                  so, your company doesn't use ms products?

Comment

Originally posted by reavertm View Post
                    We have Excels that Libreoffice is unable to open, let alone Google Docs.
                    give its author chromebook, problem solved

Comment

Originally posted by carewolf View Post
                      I'm pretty sure most businesses buying enterprise software would review any license agreements or contracts rather than just believing random lies from people on the internet.

Comment

Working...
                      X