Pandora Handheld

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by xav1r View Post
    $330? Thats expensive. I assume that if you think of it as a tiny laptop then it makes more sense, but for a handheld console, damn, it costs almost as much as a xbox360.
    Or about the same as a "netbook". Pretty good for not being supported by some huge company and having the processing power that it does.

Comment

Yea, a netbook. It costs almost as much as the new Inspiron Mini 9 ($350). I might be able to pick one of those up.(i mean the pandora thing). What about its dimensions? Is it about the size of a DSlite, or a PSP? For that price it better be. I dont want to buy a $330 handheld the size of a full laptop.

Comment

Originally posted by xav1r View Post
        Yea, a netbook. It costs almost as much as the new Inspiron Mini 9 ($350). I might be able to pick one of those up.(i mean the pandora thing). What about its dimensions? Is it about the size of a DSlite, or a PSP? For that price it better be. I dont want to buy a $330 handheld the size of a full laptop.
        Dimensions are 140 x 83 x 27 mm so it's a bit smaller than a DS 148.7 x 84.7 x 28.9 mm

Comment

The pictures I've seen show it a bit larger than a DS Lite, but not so much that I can think of anything closer to compare it to besides an original DS. It's definitely not laptop-sized.

Comment

Originally posted by Ex-Cyber View Post
            The pictures I've seen show it a bit larger than a DS Lite, but not so much that I can think of anything closer to compare it to besides an original DS. It's definitely not laptop-sized.
            It's roughly the size of the original DS. Not laptop sized. Not even really eeePC sized.

Comment

Originally posted by Aradreth View Post
              Pre-orders start on the 30th and it should come out early to mid November (12th) apparently.
              Pre-orders seem to have overwhelmed them. 2k in 6 hours from the start of the offer. They're looking to see if they can expand it to 4k instead of the planned 3k at this point.

Comment

That's amazing...

Perhaps I should get one, so I can help with that side of "The Plan"

Comment

Heh... IF you can get one reserved for you right at the moment.

Between that and what we're attempting to do in the wishlist thread, I think it's going to get VERY interesting here in a bit for Linux gaming...

Comment

Well, why do you think I want one...

HoI in my pocket... *sigh*

Comment

As an update...

The Pandora has sold nearly 4000 units on presale at this time. Unless they have severe problems with the units on rollout, they're going to be around for a little bit. There's at least one player in the industry interested in making something official for the Pandora as a commercial product at this time, with at least a couple others in the wings working on things, waiting to see what comes from the first batch.

Comment

Working...
                      X