X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kano View Post
    Join IRC. I will not upload files.
    Kano,

Many thanks for the files you gave me however the wireless driver isn't fully working for me for some reason.

What I mean my that is that splashtop accepts the driver but it can't scan for wireless networks with it. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by calin View Post
      Thanks Kano for the scripts, I'm just trying to run the first script.

The error I get is
      root@calin-desktop:~/Desktop# lilo -s /dev/null -M ${DEVICE}
      Fatal: /dev/sdb1 is not a master device with a primary parition table

Second question: what represents DEVICE 1 and DEVICE 2

Thanks and sorry for my begginers questions

Thanks I solved the problem and I get the answer for my question, thanks again for the script
      Hi Calin,

I think I can see your problem here. What I think you have done is in line 2, you have

Code:
      DEVICE="/dev/sdb1"
      where is should be

Code:
      DEVICE="/dev/sdb"
      See what happens is that your pen drive is partitioned creating a new sdb1 and a new sdb2 (aka DEVICE1 and DEVICE2)

Does that help you?

Comment

@x20mar

I compiled it with a patched kernel (to get mac80211), can only verify that the modules is loaded but without hardware I can not test it. I compiled the driver for AVM FritzWLAN too and that worked - even ndiswrapper worked for some people but I guess that wont work with Intel drivers, because there you usually need a kernel patch to use a huger stack size. If you can use ndiswrapper with an unpatched kernel you could try it however.

Did you try

iwlist s

in console (ALT-F1)?

ifconfig wlan0 up

could help too. If it is not wlan0 you need to customize the va-custom.sqx (there the wlan device is set, which defaults to ra0 without).

@calin

You should save the script in a text file and edit the DEVICE line only.

Comment

@x20mar

I compiled it with a patched kernel (to get mac80211), can only verify that the modules is loaded but without hardware I can not test it. I compiled the driver for AVM FritzWLAN too and that worked - even ndiswrapper worked for some people but I guess that wont work with Intel drivers, because there you usually need a kernel patch to use a huger stack size. If you can use ndiswrapper with an unpatched kernel you could try it however.

Did you try

iwlist s

in console (ALT-F1)?

ifconfig wlan0 up

could help too. If it is not wlan0 you need to customize the va-custom.sqx (there the wlan device is set, which defaults to ra0 without).

@calin

You should save the script in a text file and edit the DEVICE line only.
          Hi Kano,

yeah ifconfig wlan0 up does the trick, what's the easiest way to add that line on boot?

Thanks!

Comment

If thats all you can modify the va-ipw3945.sqx - in the vactl file.

Comment

If thats all you can modify the va-ipw3945.sqx - in the vactl file.
              Hi Kano,

stupid question but when you're compiling the sqx file, what settings do you use?

ps good on you for finding that security hole!

Comment

I guess you mean how i compressed it? To edit use

unsquashfs -d va-ipw3945 va-ipw3945.sqx

change the file, then

mkquashfs va-ipw3945 va-ipw3945.sqx -noappend

(when you remove the sqx you don't need to remember -noappend)

Comment

Hi Kano,

I managed to modify and compress the sqx file but now splashtop won't boot! It will get as far as the menu screen but after I click on an app (say web browser) it goes to the Express gate boot screen and then it hangs with the caps lock key flashing.

Any suggestions (I think it's something to do with the check sum)

Thanks

Comment

I guess you used a too new squashfs version. Kanotix works best do do that

Comment

Kano thanks for you help.
                      It's possible to use Express Gate installer that contains ST_ASUSEG00_HD_v1.2.8.0_20080709.EXE? How can I convert it to a IMG file?

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                      X