No announcement yet.

Splashtop on USB stick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, the script creates 2 partitions, the first is labeld DVMUSB , FAT16, and marked active + installed bootloader. Most easy way is to use it and backup your data first...

Comment

Install done

Many thanks Kano.
      I tried the scripts and installed succesfully Splashtop on a USB stick.
      Though, like badbrad420 it doesnt' work on my EeePC 700 (but works good on my desktop computer).
      I wondered if anyone had succesfully modified splashtop to run on it.
      Anyway, if i want to modify splashtop, can I use the USB installed version, or do I have to first modify the img via vmware ?

Comment

Reset the version file like mentioned in the first post then you can even change already stored sqx files. If you add more no mod necessary. Just put new files to the DVMUSB called partition.

Comment

splashtop eeepc

Originally posted by FraG View Post
          Many thanks Kano.
          I tried the scripts and installed succesfully Splashtop on a USB stick.
          Though, like badbrad420 it doesnt' work on my EeePC 700 (but works good on my desktop computer).
          I wondered if anyone had succesfully modified splashtop to run on it.
          Anyway, if i want to modify splashtop, can I use the USB installed version, or do I have to first modify the img via vmware ?
          Hi
          did you manage to get to the desktop or did it just start flashing, try pressing they left mousepad button and arrows at the same time fast at boot, and it will bypass the bootsplash screen and boot the kernel to desktop. Also if you put some boot options in it will bing up the bootsplash screen but its so blury and disstorted that you can't read it and there is like five mouse-cursors showing but it will still boot the kernel if you start pressing lot of buttons right at boot of ce_bz. I tryed the syslinux.cfg boot options that came with eeetiger puppie linux, and tryed altering it with more boot options like vga=785, vga=915, nofb and lots of other ones mix matching but can only get same flashing or blurry bootsplash. but once you boot it you get to desktop fast, some versions do not have wireless and some do not have sound but ExpressGate_V1205_XPVista.zip from ftp://ftp.asus.com/pub/ASUS/misc/utils/ has sound and wireless and 680x480 or 800x480 res, but its old and only has skype,chat and browser, so install it then copy the kernel.bin for latter. Then install the newest version you can witch has updater built in and wireless but no sound then do update toget new version and you will lose wireless if it even boots so if you ever can't boot or no wireless, sound copy the kernel.bin from the ExpressGate_V1205_XPVista.zip kernel.bin you saved and you will have 680x480 or 800x480 res, sound, wireless, and you have the old desktop theme again but still flashing on boot.

I think that its lots to do with the kernel.bin. would someone be able to add them all together some how, as some work and some don't, but when you use the old one that 10mb+ smaller then you lose some stuff like power-management and your themes but it fixs the res to 680x480
          we need you a guru's to do some custom work to /ect,/proc,/bin....ect i'm a newbee so any help would glady taken please thx

Comment

When you look at

Point c)

you will see the config used for some Asus systems. The wifi + res is just a config setting. For the menu I would test other skin0000.* files (rename both), there is for example the EeeBox theme already available, if you are lucky maybe you find the EeePC too - replace always both - md5sum is a nice tool to find the different ones

Comment

Hi
              I was wondering if there is away to bypass the splashtop boot-screen and some how make it start the splashtop browser on boot witout having to press anything. Also can someone please post there xterm.sqx and other custom.sqx for us newbees who can't figure it out, please I've lost way to much sleep over this... Or maybe a good howto all in one post, in newbbee language

Comment

Hi all !

I try to install Splashtop on my USB stick for testing in my Eee PC 901 and it's work !!

But my wlan card is not detected ... So I want to install the speciall Linux kernel for eee pc which integrate driver for wlan card.

But I don't know how to prossed to install another Linux kernel in Slashtop, can you explain to me how to do this ?

Or if someone try this install in Eee PC 901 explain to me ho you do for have the wlan connection

Thanks a lot !

Comment

Originally posted by Kinox View Post
                  Hi all !

I try to install Splashtop on my USB stick for testing in my Eee PC 901 and it's work !!

But my wlan card is not detected ... So I want to install the speciall Linux kernel for eee pc which integrate driver for wlan card.

But I don't know how to prossed to install another Linux kernel in Slashtop, can you explain to me how to do this ?

Or if someone try this install in Eee PC 901 explain to me ho you do for have the wlan connection

Thanks a lot !
                  Hi to all forums members at first

Second , I'd like to know if it's possible using the EEPC version on a MSi Uind U100 (same N270 CPU)
                  Thanks in advance

Comment

The driver should be already included, but you have to enable it in a special config file. Look at c2:

export DI_HAVE_WIFI_LIST='ath0'

in your case i would say. Also you have to look how to load ath_pci correctly. another way would be using ndiswrapper.
                    Last edited by Kano; 02 November 2008, 06:31 AM.

Comment

• wow - thanks Kano for your fast answer and for ur Guru contribute here !

Unfortunately , I am not a good one as you are, than I must ready a bit more for understanding what I have to do to get it

[Edit] I got swapped the wifi card default , now I'm using a broadcom 43xx chipset based..

Comment

Working...
                      X