Android 5.0 Lollipop, Nexus 6 & Nexus 9 Announced

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tuke81 View Post
    ...And it's a 64bit dual core denver variant of tegra k1. I would love to see more than 2GB of ram though.
    Talk about lack of future proofing. Even a lack of present proofing!

Comment

No SD ?

No thanks

Comment

No one commenting on Nexus Media Player having an intel architecture i386 64bit?
        I'd buy it tomorrow, if only it had an Ethernet port!!!!!!!

hell, why should I clutter my wifi channel at home when I have a cabled house

Comment

Originally posted by mark45 View Post
          Do we actually need 2560x1440 smartphone displays?
          LG tried it with the G3 and it seems that we don't need or even want that resolution. You gain nothing and lose a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by TeoLinuX View Post
            No one commenting on Nexus Media Player having an intel architecture i386 64bit?
            I'd buy it tomorrow, if only it had an Ethernet port!!!!!!!

hell, why should I clutter my wifi channel at home when I have a cabled house
            Intel CPU but powerVR GPU: (

Comment

Originally posted by mark45 View Post
              Do we actually need 2560x1440 smartphone displays?
              When will this display size race stop - when the smartphones don't fit neither in your pocket nor in your hand?
              For lots of people phones not fitting into their pocket is already an issue now with existing/smaller phones never mind larger phones that are actually tablets.

Comment

Originally posted by drspinderwalf View Post
                I've gotta admit, I really don't get why people want such big phones. I don't like iPhones one bit but their sizing was just right. I've got an old 4.3 inch display on my HTC Sensation and I have major issues using the phone with one hand. If I'm reading in bed I drop it on myself all the time. Then again, it might be the very rounded casing on the phone.
                The problem is there is a fine line between too small and too big. The #1 complaint by a huge margin for the iPhone and why a lot of people switched to Android powered phones was the screen is too small and I don't blame people for the switch. I cant stand iPhone's for that reason alone never mind iOS. The iPhone 6 is the first model that has a decent sized screen, but anything bigger than that is too big and its now a tablet.

Comment

We need some kind of consortium or Group to form where works are done to make more drivers and hardware compatible over the many projects relying on libhybris. Clearly Ubuntu-Touch is struggling with hardware support and other projects have fallen away like Sailfish, Plasma Active, etc.

Comment

No wireless charging. That's actually kind of convenient with the nexus 5.

Comment

The ever-increasing resolution on phones is absolutely ridiculous, what a great way to further reduce the battery life of devices that barely manage to last a full 8 hours with moderate usage. My Nexus 5 is almost already dead after being out and about for 5-6 hours and only using it for maybe a quarter of that time, feels like an insult.

How did we get to the point where we have 5" phones with 1440p screens and 14" laptops with 1366x768 screens? Outside of the new chromebook, to even get a decent IPS 1080p laptop you're going to be spending at least $1000. If you want one that's actually built well, you're going to pay even more.

Comment

Working...
                      X