No announcement yet.

Tizen Smartphones Reported To Launch In November

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Meanwhile Jolla is working on a Jolla 2 already.

Comment

Originally posted by tidris View Post
      The article says "Tarun Malik says that the company plans to introduce Tizen-based devices to the Indiana market in November."

That makes no sense to me. Why not release the phone in all 50 states? What is so special about the state of Indiana?
      corn on the cob

Comment

Does anyone know how updates are handled in Tizen?

Is it the same clusterfuk as on android, where you have firmware-like images that are basically never updated for anything other than the latest high-end phones, so a hug-e majority of all devices has a grotesque amount of forever unfixed security issues?

Or will they make it more linux-y (apt-get upgrade et al), and perhaps offer sort of a rolling release, where packages or sets of packages get updated, where no carrier and phone manufacturer gets in the way? Because that would be big.
        Or do we have to get ubunto phones for that?

Comment

Originally posted by GreatEmerald View Post
          Meanwhile Jolla is working on a Jolla 2 already.
          Are any specs for it out yet? I'd love to have a transreflective screen (or something else that will reduce power draw with the screen switched on while being visible in sunlight) ... The biggest issue of the first Jolla, which is my primary phone right now, is the power draw when I'm actually using it (standby power is totally fine IMO)

Comment

I wonder if it will ship Tizen 3.0.

Comment

Originally posted by CrystalGamma View Post
              Are any specs for it out yet? I'd love to have a transreflective screen (or something else that will reduce power draw with the screen switched on while being visible in sunlight) ... The biggest issue of the first Jolla, which is my primary phone right now, is the power draw when I'm actually using it (standby power is totally fine IMO)
              Not that I know. They just said they're taking their time and it won't be released this year (so probably next year).

Comment

Originally posted by cryptoahash View Post
                Finally! If they release a low end phone. I will buy it. If they release a medium phone with Tizen, I will buy it. And the same counts for the high end
                After plenty of speculation and aborted launches last year, Samsung has finally outed its first phone powered by the Tizen operating system. The Samsung Z1 is coming to India initially, where it is available to buy for 5,700 INR -- that's around $92 -- from today.

$92...

Comment

Originally posted by chrisb View Post
                  Where can I order one? I want it!

Comment

Working...
                  X