Moblin & Maemo Make Love: Out Comes MeeGo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So does this work on ARM hardware?
    In any case i hope Nokia puts some serious effort in this cause from my point of view Android is a big problem for the open source community. The fact that Google purposefully broke compatibility with mainstream linux software is just inexcusable and i'm surprised it's getting so much support on a linux centric website.

As for Poulsbo the problem is that instead of licensing PowerVRs driver Intel chose to hire Tungsten to write a driver for them and afaik the driver has been poorly maintained.

Finally Qt is by far the best supported toolkit on linux and is even used for several major windows applications.

Comment

Originally posted by Apopas View Post
      I'm not talking about Android.
      Nokia now has MeGoo and Maemo. Both Linux and both for mobile devices. What's the reason to have both?
      Don't forget about Symbian, which has just been open sourced. Qt runs on Symbian now too so that should make it easier to develop apps for MeeGo/Symbian and everything else Qt runs on. I'm guessing Symbian will be used for the lower end devices for now, but that might not always be the case.

Comment

Working...
      X