Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dlq84 View Post
    Isn't that still covered by patents?
    Even if, it didn't hold back Dell and HP. So certainly not impossible.

Comment

Even better? If FW does decide to implement the clit mouse and draw you Thinkpad lovers, it’ll be a replacement part, which means it’ll be freely available for all the Framework 13” laptops, and roughly a 50-75$ upgrade. Five captive screws and one pull tab.

Comment

I can only wish. I doubt they'll go for it anytime soon, sadly. Wish they would.

Comment

Originally posted by horizonbrave View Post
          I wouldn't trust Google.
          It's like saying that for using the safest mobile OS (Graphene) the best way is by buying a phone made by Google: it doesn't actually make any fucking sense!!!
          That's great, because google had nothing to do with any of this. Framework just recycled some of their code.

Comment

I wouldn't trust Google.
            It's like saying that for using the safest mobile OS (Graphene) the best way is by buying a phone made by Google: it doesn't actually make any fucking sense!!!
            I envy people whose biggest problem is Google's presumable ill intentions.

Comment

Originally posted by bple2137 View Post
              Looking at Framework makes me wish my 2018 Thinkpad got outdated and make me feel I need to upgrade. That’s not the case though and actually it works amazingly well, it feels like recent Linux updates boosted battery life, it’s darn cold while also being reasonably responsive.

In the meantime, fractional scaling is getting better and it will be amazing to move to some more modern display when the time comes.
              Framework 16 made your laptop obsolete years ago, whatever model it is.

Comment

Originally posted by BillFleming View Post
                Framework 16 made your laptop obsolete years ago, whatever model it is.
                What a strange mindset ...

Comment

AMD Ryzen 9 7940HS runs circles around every laptop CPU available in 2018 and even every AM4 desktop CPU available that year. USB/Display port IO is better than every other laptop on the market. Ability to run quad nvme drives is also superior to every laptop being sold right now. Although the framework 16 does still have some suspend issues and the keyboards lack dedicated home/end/pg up/down keys.

Comment

Hardware becomes obsolete if it is not usable for your personal use case. That's totally independent from whatever new hardware gets released.
                    Originally posted by BillFleming View Post
                    AMD Ryzen 9 7940HS runs circles around every laptop CPU available in 2018 and even every AM4 desktop CPU available that year.
                    Sure, donkeys are also running in circles in the circus. Was nice to see as a child but I have grown since then.

Comment

I wouldn't trust Google.
                      I don't either
                      It's like saying that for using the safest mobile OS (Graphene) the best way is by buying a phone made by Google: it doesn't actually make any fucking sense!!![
                      It does make sense when you consider drivers for the device are open and generally upstreamed as much as possible, they get support for a long time and the fact that the booting process is more secure than the average android device.

The difference between google and most other phone companies is competence and a proven trackrecord of upstreaming and developing for us. Not just in Linux space but I believe in BSD space too.

The most popular brands currently for android are:
                      Samsung,
                      Xiaomi,
                      Oppo,
                      Vivo,
                      Huawei,

Out of all the phone brands I know the only ones that help opensource developers are Google Pixel(which kind of act also as a reference point for devs) and SONY/Xperia phones(due to the Sony Opensource Program). Compared to that, all others suck.

Comment

Working...
                      X