Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Improved Debugging Of Suspend/Resume For AMD Ryzen Laptops On Linux Coming With MP2 STB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Improved Debugging Of Suspend/Resume For AMD Ryzen Laptops On Linux Coming With MP2 STB

Phoronix: Improved Debugging Of Suspend/Resume For AMD Ryzen Laptops On Linux Coming With MP2 STB

AMD engineers and those debugging s2idle suspend/resume issues for Ryzen laptops under Linux will soon have more information at disposal for newer SoCs supporting MP2 STB functionality...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Good, they need all the debugging help they can get. At least from the machines I interact with, Modern Standby / s2idle / s0ix tends to be much better implemented on Intel laptops than AMD laptops.

Comment

S2RAM works on nearly all my boxes in use, and even on some rancid old thin clients I have as a museum... however, it is completely broken on my Zen2 laptop. Well, suspending works - but waking up is the problem. I simply don't get the system back. So either I have to do the regular shutdown or suspend to disk, which will then result in un(necessary) write cycles on the SSD while all the memory is written down.
      Stop TCPA, stupid software patents and corrupt politicians!

Comment

Working...
      X