Ubuntu Touch OTA-3 Focal Brings PinePhone Images, Initial Snap Support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Quackdoc View Post

I dont mind the idea of containerized apps, flatpak is probably really good here. but snaps are a mess, the thing I hate most myself is the /dev/loop# spam, did they ever address that?
    what's the problem with it? why do you bother?

Comment

Originally posted by User29 View Post

because its a troll, he dont like dont like, even if snaps this days are working very well, the firefox snap performe better in benchmarks in my pcs than the deb or the tar but ok people is always closed mind, i use debs, flatpaks and snaps and ofc in arch builds aur, who works better for me i use, is good to have many solutions to use and not only one

Comment

This release is from November 8, so how is this out “today”?

Comment

When I go to check my disks I really don't like seeing a wackload of /dev/loop devices, Not my post but showcases the same issue https://lemmy.ml/post/4575141 I do have other issues, but this one really annoys me​

Originally posted by andre30correia View Post
          because its a troll, he dont like dont like, even if snaps this days are working very well, the firefox snap performe better in benchmarks in my pcs than the deb or the tar but ok people is always closed mind, i use debs, flatpaks and snaps and ofc in arch builds aur, who works better for me i use, is good to have many solutions to use and not only one
          Typical phoronix idiot, Can't comprehend the possibility of users having issues they don't. I never understood how someone can immediately assume someone is trolling if they don't like something you do. It must be really hard living daily life surrounded by trolls, I would probably be popping pills left right and center if I suffered what you clearly do

Comment

Originally posted by Quackdoc View Post

When I go to check my disks I really don't like seeing a wackload of /dev/loop devices, Not my post but showcases the same issue https://lemmy.ml/post/4575141 I do have other issues, but this one really annoys me​
            I still don't get it. You have loop devices there. Who cares? What if you mount 25 iso images? Will it bother you to see 25 loop devices? I just can't get it. This is like (as someone has noted in your link) hating a random program because it spawns child processes.

Comment

I still don't get it. You have loop devices there. Who cares? What if you mount 25 iso images? Will it bother you to see 25 loop devices? I just can't get it. This is like (as someone has noted in your link) hating a random program because it spawns child processes.
              Yes i would, so I won't, child processes don't annoy me at all, they are properly dealt with, and all the tools are meant for handling it, I do need to check my disks, and nearly no tools are meant for handling it, because its bloody stupid.

The person who posted that is a bloody idiot. The post clearly shows the enitre page being filled with the stupid fuckers.

Comment

Working...
              X