Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Linux 5.13 To Allow Controlling The Second Fan On The Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Carbon Gen 9

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dekkzz78 View Post

the carbons are vanity laptops for managers competing with macs but clueless pro-sumers buy them at full price and complain about heat issues throttling the cpu. If you want a Thinkpad to do work look at t series. If you have business acct usually u can get laptop plus dock for the laptop list price off the website.
    While personally I have t series there is a case for having a really thin and well built laptop (i.e. my friend carries the laptop around everywhere and even works on it without a desk) and the carbon series, even though not as well built as the t series, is still probably the most well built laptop for its size.

Regarding thermal issues, you can also blame Intel on this one. New AMD processors have much better performance when you normalize for thermals (and also better battery life as well).

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post
      These new ThinkPads are less Think and more Pad...

Fragile, thin, and port-anemic....
      I stood on mine by accident once. It still works well. Not so fragile as you think.

Mine atleast has plenty of ports, can't speak for newer models.

Comment

Originally posted by dekkzz78 View Post

the carbons are vanity laptops for managers competing with macs but clueless pro-sumers buy them at full price and complain about heat issues throttling the cpu. If you want a Thinkpad to do work look at t series. If you have business acct usually u can get laptop plus dock for the laptop list price off the website.
        Hm, does the T series have better cooling? My X1 Carbon doesn't throttle, but it's a 15 W TDP.

Comment

Working...
        X