Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HP To Begin Preloading Ubuntu 20.04 On Select Laptops Paired With Data Science Stack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One reason to preload is that they show that those applications are supported and working on these systems. But a bad idea. Also, if you don't like you can probably uninstall specific apps?

Comment

Interesting ... I briefly looked at a ZBook the other day but I didn't get around to comparing hardware specs and prices with the Omens. In either case dual-booting is easy and all of the data science software is readily available.

Comment

Oh, the Phoronix bubble 😐 Ever consider data scientists' knowledge-base is the computation of data sets, and not so much Linux or distros or software installation?

Comment

Originally posted by kcrudup View Post
          Oh, the Phoronix bubble 😐 Ever consider data scientists' knowledge-base is the computation of data sets, and not so much Linux or distros or software installation?
          Was going to say that is exactly the same at my work, a very large multinational company...

Comment

Real cute.

Let me know when HP learns how to design a laptop with proper cooling design.

Comment

Working...
            X