No announcement yet.

Better Support For Newer Synaptics Laptop Touchpads Coming To Linux 5.10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have seen some of these touchpad issues on the lower end Lenovo Ideapads as well. Any improvements are very much appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by archkde View Post

Gestures should have nothing to do with this patch. I certainly have many more gestures working here (including three-finger tap for middle click, two-finger swipe for scrolling and even pinch-to-zoom in evince).
      I also have four-finger swipe to change virtual desktop on Gnome

Comment

The more the fingers, the greater the pleasure.

Comment

Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post
          I get so F'N tired of having to remove Candy Crush off my Windows 10 install. If I can't keep a G-D game from staying uninstalled I feel like there's no way I can keep up with removing Microsoft Provided Malware. These Patch Tuesday shenanigans really piss me off.
          Your frustration is hilariously relatable. Though, I think I managed to keep it off the couple of Windows systems I use. I haven't seen it in a long while.

Comment

Originally posted by Setif View Post
            AFAIK from all touchpad gestures you can only use one finger (left click) and two fingers (right click) on Linux.
            My out of the box Fedora gives me 4 finger swipe up/down to switch virtual desktops, so I know this isn't true.

Comment

Originally posted by Setif View Post

I don't see any of those on Ubuntu touchpad settings.
              Maybe your libinput settings are messed up. These gestures should work without any configuration required.

Comment

Originally posted by klapaucius View Post

I also have four-finger swipe to change virtual desktop on Gnome
                TIL, this one is awesome.

Comment

Working...
                X