Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GSoC 2019 Could Bring Work On A Vulkan GPU Driver Settings Utility, OpenMAX Additions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GSoC 2019 Could Bring Work On A Vulkan GPU Driver Settings Utility, OpenMAX Additions

Phoronix: GSoC 2019 Could Bring Work On A Vulkan GPU Driver Settings Utility, OpenMAX Additions

The X.Org Foundation is once again participating in the Google Summer of Code where student developers engage with various open-source efforts on a range of projects. If there are interested and capable participants, GSoC 2019 could bring a Vulkan settings/preferences user-interface for the Mesa drivers, new OpenMAX acceleration bits, and other possible initiatives...

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...SoC-2019-Ideas

All of that actually sounds like some really nice work. I hope some of these get completed.

Comment

I wish I heard/knew about GSoC at my university days... Definitely a great way to learn things, get paid, and create useful opensource software/utilities, in one... Anyway, I appreciate this effort by Google and collaborators !

Comment

Those projects sound like you could put a team of developers on it and work on it as a big project for a long time - not something I would throw out for an "educational project" (even if its nice to have - no question)

Comment

Working...
        X