Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alien Isolation & Deus Ex Mankind Divided on AMD open source Drivers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alien Isolation & Deus Ex Mankind Divided on AMD open source Drivers?

I was just wondering if anyone had tried these two games Alien Isolation and Deus Ex Mankind Divided with the open source AMD drivers? If so are there any bugs to the actual game or does it play as normal with the open source drivers. Is it safe to bypass the "unsupported graphics card" error message at the start and will it run on my AMD Radeon R7 370 card?

I tried Deus Ex with Mesa 17.3 and RX 550, worked fine. Why don't you try it? The warning does not matter at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Kano View Post
      I tried Deus Ex with Mesa 17.3 and RX 550, worked fine. Why don't you try it? The warning does not matter at all.
      So Deus Ex works fine then! What about Alien Isolation? Is that game buggy with open source drivers?

Comment

What about alien isolation does that work fine on the open source AMD drivers?

Comment

No problem with Deus EX here. Kubuntu 17.10 + oibaf ppa + 4.14.10 kernel on a Ryzen system with a Nitro+ RX480. Performance is more than adequate at 1440p in the high setting.

Comment

Well I've just tried Alien: Isolation and it works perfectly well under the open source AMD drivers - no issues yet to report. I haven't tried Deus Ex yet but have tried XCOM: Enemy Unknown and that also works well. So hopefully I can just play on the rest of the games without issues and will continue playing on Arch Linux. Thank you guys for the messages! At least I now know they work fine on my AMD card.

Comment

Hmmm I'm on a near fresh install of Kubuntu 17.10 with Kernel 4.15RC6 + Mesa 17.4 (Padoka). My few weeks old Ryzen 1600 with RX 570 Deus Ex is not playable with low settings at 1920x1200 (just barely 34FPS average, 45fps max, and lows well below 20fps - not a really playable nor enjoyable experience). But I do want to ask Melcar, did you have to tweak anything, or could I be seeing a performance regression of some sort? I know with Dirt Rally I had to change the cpu governor from ondemand to performance to get liquid smooth 60 FPS at high settings - although that tick made zero difference with Deus Ex.

Comment

Working...
              X