X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• c117152
    replied
    Originally posted by veeableful View Post
    Maybe they are in wine-staging? That's what I've been using and seems to be quite on-par with Crossover for my use-case.
    Yup those. Most of those patches should be brought on-board and turned on and off using run-time flags. Also the 64bit wow stuff should be in by default. Wine has a dozen or so optional dependencies and most distributions have a really hard time keeping up with releases since compile times are in the hours and you need around 4 versions (32/64; release/staging) to avoid the games people fighting the office people even without taking special, "I don't want pulseaudio / samba / etc..." needs groups into account.

And them not enabling it has costs: All those script projects that package and deliver custom or old wine versions for certain application prevent proper bug diagnosis and reporting while obscuring multiple regressions.

Leave a comment:

• veeableful
    replied
    Originally posted by c117152 View Post
    Would be nice if they took the time to go through some of the more popular off-tree patches and merge them as run-time flags. Some of those are years old and proved essential in many cases.
    Maybe they are in wine-staging? That's what I've been using and seems to be quite on-par with Crossover for my use-case.

Leave a comment:

• Guy1524
    replied
    Originally posted by Chewi View Post

The only game I've tried is Deus Ex: Human Revolution. It works but you get annoying glitches during dialogue screens. These only go away by setting StrictDrawOrdering=enabled but then the framerate suffers a lot. I went back to using Gallium Nine. The differences are fairly subtle anyway.
    Gallium Nine is DX9, not 11

Leave a comment:

• boltronics
    replied
    Still no luck with Far Cry Primal. All graphics are corrupted such that you can't make anything out. Last tried a few weeks back. Really hoping they can sort it out soon so there's a better chance Far Cry 5 is working when it's out early next year.

Leave a comment:

• gukin
    replied
    Originally posted by FishPls View Post
    How's the DX11 support standing? Weren't there plans to get it ready for 3.0?
    Prey 2017 was in very good shape, Crysis 2 is pretty much flawless but there are still quite a few problems with "Rise of the Tomb Raider". Nevertheless the progress made to gaming, OpenGL (Mesa), and Vulkan have been impressive in 2017.

Leave a comment:

• shmerl
    replied
    Witcher 3 is in good shape, with a few oustdanding bugs being worked on.

Leave a comment:

• c117152
    replied
    Would be nice if they took the time to go through some of the more popular off-tree patches and merge them as run-time flags. Some of those are years old and proved essential in many cases.

Leave a comment:

• andrei_me
    replied
    Originally posted by Rexerex View Post
    But why they bump version major number? Are they going to drop something?
    It's a time based version number instead of semantic versioning.

So the use the major number for yearly releases and minor for the bi-weekly releases

Leave a comment:

• Chewi
    replied
    The only game I've tried is Deus Ex: Human Revolution. It works but you get annoying glitches during dialogue screens. These only go away by setting StrictDrawOrdering=enabled but then the framerate suffers a lot. I went back to using Gallium Nine. The differences are fairly subtle anyway.

Leave a comment:

• Brane215
    replied
    And before code freeze they froze their site... Winehq.org is all but inaccessible. Simple post to forum times-out etc...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X