No announcement yet.

OpenRazer+Polychromatic Make It Easy To Configure Razer Keyboards/Mice On Linux

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OpenRazer+Polychromatic Make It Easy To Configure Razer Keyboards/Mice On Linux

Phoronix: OpenRazer+Polychromatic Make It Easy To Configure Razer Keyboards/Mice On Linux

While Razer at this time does not provide any official software support on Linux, via the OpenRazer/Polychromatic projects largely driven by the open-source community, they are making impressive headway. Last time I tried the Polychromatic UI that interfaces with the OpenRazer drivers for configuring Razer products on Linux, it wasn't working too well. But now it seems to have matured a lot and is working out quite well.

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=25140

Nice. I'm going to have to try Linux on my 2016 Razer Blade Pro. I'm not ready to repartition its Windows files, but a USB boot would be interesting.

My Dell laptop with Linux is getting a bit old in the tooth.

Comment

It's very nice to see Razer implementing their software fluently. However, I prefer keyboards and mice that don't have to be configured per software at all. Hardware-keys for common features like volume control or keyboard backlight, dpi switch are the only things I need. I really don't care which color the backlight has for example.

Comment

Originally posted by oooverclocker View Post
        It's very nice to see Razer implementing their software fluently. However, I prefer keyboards and mice that don't have to be configured per software at all. Hardware-keys for common features like volume control or keyboard backlight, dpi switch are the only things I need. I really don't care which color the backlight has for example.
        But then you could control the DPI of the different switch positions, I guess... More control/freedom doesn't hurt, right? That's why most of us are here

Comment

Originally posted by oooverclocker View Post
          It's very nice to see Razer implementing their software fluently.
          I don't understand where you are applying it, on Windows software? Because the news are about a community project to razer products...

Comment

You mean we don't have to log into the cloud to configure a mouse? Also on new razer products can they store the settings internally?

Comment

Originally posted by andrei_me View Post

I don't understand where you are applying it, on Windows software? Because the news are about a community project to razer products...
              I don't understand what I read in the article anymore...

Comment

Working...
              X