No announcement yet.

Icculus Ports Prey Game Client To Linux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just the retail version of Prey today. Now awaiting the official release score>. <

Comment

Well, since I bought the game off TuxGames (to make my copy count as a "Linux client generated sale"), and since there is no official release date yet, all I can do is wait and hope that the expected release date of Dec 7 is going to be the actual release date.

Comment

Originally posted by Thetargos View Post
        Well, since I bought the game off TuxGames (to make my copy count as a "Linux client generated sale"), and since there is no official release date yet, all I can do is wait and hope that the expected release date of Dec 7 is going to be the actual release date.
        Oh oh, anyone else gettting deja vu??

Comment

Originally posted by xav1r View Post
          You took the words out of my mouth. I'm not sure how people can still buy the game before the client is released after UT3... then again it's only ?4 now so it's not a huge loss.

Comment

Originally posted by Aradreth View Post
            You took the words out of my mouth. I'm not sure how people can still buy the game before the client is released after UT3... then again it's only ?4 now so it's not a huge loss.
            Yep, let's just hope theres isnt another letdown of EPIC proportions.

Comment

Yep, let's just hope theres isnt another letdown of EPIC proportions.

Heh, 2008 - the year of no shows in linux gaming.

Comment

Nope, since if that were the case, we would have at least been playing a demo of UT3.

Prey has the demo & they are awaiting on feedback before releasing the full client.

Comment

Indeed, like SlackerTD points out, we DO have the game on Linux (sort of) with the Demo which I have been playing to try and find problems to report back to Icculus and hopefully do my part for them to release the full client on-time or even better, before schedule.

Comment

Originally posted by SlackerTD View Post
                    Nope, since if that were the case, we would have at least been playing a demo of UT3.

Prey has the demo & they are awaiting on feedback before releasing the full client.
                    Well, we do have Ryan's screenshot of his computer screen playing UT3 on linux.

Comment

• Originally posted by xav1r View Post
                      Well, we do have Ryan's screenshot of his computer screen playing UT3 on linux.
                      But is not quite the same

Comment

Working...
                      X