When Will UT3 For Linux Be Released?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When Will UT3 For Linux Be Released?

Phoronix: When Will UT3 For Linux Be Released?

Tomorrow will mark eleven months since Unreal Tournament 3 was released in the United States. Originally this Epic Games title was supposed to be available for Linux shortly after its release and then it became a matter of it will ship when it's ready...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I hope it will be ready for x-mas... along with working fglrx for ubuntu 8.10 ;-)

Comment

It will be released shortly after Duke Nukem Forever ...

@Tares: What's wrong with FGLRX? You mean the open source drivers? I've been running the binary ATi drivers and have no problems (except for some weird direct draw issues).

Comment

I think UT3 has more chances of being released than DNF

@r0ck
        Check the 'ati 8.10 beta in ubuntu' thread.

Comment

I bought the Collector's Edition three days and I can tell things I noticed 1st hand:

-performance is good,

-login problems sometimes

-few servers for each game mode,
          between 50-150 on most of them, but very few populated or good enough ping.
          I joined yesterday a high ping one (around 170 ms in the browser) but once ingame the ping was around 100, so ping in browser may be wrong more times.
          Also, most of the players owns noobs like me very easily (too much experience over me, even without counting other UT games)

-Video tutorials for editor (main reason for buying while waiting the client) are very good, but only in english without subtitles

Comment

To be honest, this news item seems a little pointless. Where's the news? No one but Ryan Gordon or someone at Epic could possibly say anything useful at this point.

Comment

typo - shouldnt "we finally seen" be "we finally saw"

Comment

Originally posted by Chewi View Post
                To be honest, this news item seems a little pointless. Where's the news? No one but Ryan Gordon or someone at Epic could possibly say anything useful at this point.
                It's just a poll.
                Michael Larabel
                https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Tares View Post
                  I think UT3 has more chances of being released than DNF

@r0ck
                  Check the 'ati 8.10 beta in ubuntu' thread.
                  Oh wow, I didn't even read that properly. But in the meantime the final Ati 8.10 driver has been released so I don't see why it shouldn't work in the final Intrepid release.
                  Last edited by r0ck; 18 October 2008, 09:52 AM.

Comment

UT3 Release date: December 21st 2012

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Working...
                    X