When Will UT3 For Linux Be Released?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by marakaid View Post
    I uninstalled the game yesterday... I don't know if I will try it again with the legendary linux client.
    Its officially an internet meme.

Comment

2 more days......

Comment

Originally posted by xav1r View Post
        Awesome!! This calls for a celebration!!! Wartourist, youre the guest of honor!!! Wanna slice the cake with the words "UT3LINUX" and "LIE" on it??
        He run off before you could invite him. He quit epic fail... err games.

Originally posted by deanjo View Post
        2 more days......
        I think your best bet on a Linux client is when the revamped UT3 comes out in whatever form. At any rate, the client will be vaporware for atleast one year.
        Last edited by MaestroMaus; 17 November 2008, 05:24 PM.

Comment

1 more day....

This will probably be removed from Epic's forums. http://forums.epicgames.com/showthre...0#post25720670

Here we are, tomorrow will be the one year anniversary of UT3's release. Lets reflect on some of the occurrences that have happened in the last year.

Nov 19th 2007 - UT3 is released with promises of Mac and Linux support

Dec 2007 - Still no linux or mac version of UT3

Jan 2008 - Still no linux or mac version of UT3

Feb 2008 - Still no linux or mac version of UT3

Mar 2008
          - iD releases ET : QW for mac (linux version was released Oct 2007, just 17 days after the windows release)
          - Savage 2: A Tortured Soul for Linux released
          - Still no linux or mac version of UT3

April 2008 - Still no linux or mac version of UT3

May 2008 - Still no linux or mac version of UT3

June 2008
          - Gameplay video of Duke Nukem Forever shows up.... :O it's real!!

July 2008
          - Jack Keane for Linux is released

Aug 2008 - Still no linux or mac version of UT3

Sept 2008 - Still no linux or mac version of UT3 but suspicious pics appear on net showing it running on OS X, Linux and RISCOS 4
          http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c3...t3-riscos4.jpg
          http://icculus.org/cgi-bin/finger/fi...&time=06-38-30

Oct 2008
          - ANKH II: Heart Of Osiris is released for Linux and Mac
          -Codeweaver's gives away their software for free because of of the economy drops
          - Prey game client shown, demo released for linux

Nov 2008
          - Creative Labs Releases opensource x-fi drivers for linux
          - The US elects an African American President
          - Adobe Labs releases a 64-bit flash plug in for linux
          - Nvidia brings HD playback acceleration to linux
          - Still no linux or mac version of UT3, MacSoft never bothers to update their website with a new expected release date and just leaves it at "Returns to Mac This Spring" as it had said since the PC release.
          Last edited by deanjo; 18 November 2008, 03:34 AM.

Comment

Come on. Give Epic some time, they are trying to sell the company, remember?

Comment

Most people in this thread seems to be entirely oblivious to the fact that UT3 is a massive failure and is completely lacking any form of online community. There is virtually nobody playing this game online.

Getting your hopes up for this port is like getting your hopes up that your going to smash your fingers with a hammer. A bad game is a bad game regardless of the platform and linux certainly wont be able to revive this one.

Comment

I saw UT3 for $19 last week. I guess soon it will be in the rack with the $5 value software.

Comment

Originally posted by pfunkman View Post
                  Most people in this thread seems to be entirely oblivious to the fact that UT3 is a massive failure and is completely lacking any form of online community. There is virtually nobody playing this game online.

Getting your hopes up for this port is like getting your hopes up that your going to smash your fingers with a hammer. A bad game is a bad game regardless of the platform and linux certainly wont be able to revive this one.
                  Some of us don't give a flying crap about the online stuff but would like to see a linux game that actually pushes hardware and has a good single player game. Not all of us like to be cannon fodder for unemployed bums who have nothing better to do but camp out on servers using casual gamers for skeet practice.

Heh they aren't even locking the threads anymore. Just deleting them. All linux threads were deleted.

So a repost was done: http://forums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=637700
                  Last edited by deanjo; 18 November 2008, 04:49 AM.

Comment

and removed. :/

Comment

Originally posted by storma View Post
                      and removed. :/
                      Heh, locked on the 4th repost. Man I love Applescript and automator.
                      Last edited by deanjo; 18 November 2008, 05:08 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X