When Will UT3 For Linux Be Released?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jimmy View Post
    Looks like my prediction is right... sort of. I predicted Wine would provide us a solution before Epic.
    Heh... Sad, isn't it?

I, however, have no love for Cedega and certainly no love for Epic. No UT3 for me. *raises middle finger toward afore mentioned parties*
    No kidding.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimmy View Post
      http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...item&px=NzEyMg

Looks like my prediction is right... sort of. I predicted Wine would provide us a solution before Epic.

I, however, have no love for Cedega and certainly no love for Epic. No UT3 for me. *raises middle finger toward afore mentioned parties*
      I wouldn't take Transgaming on its word when they say UT3 works, well at least for my definition of "works".

Comment

• Originally posted by Aradreth View Post
        I wouldn't take Transgaming on its word when they say UT3 works, well at least for my definition of "works".
        Heh... No further comment...

Comment

• Originally posted by Svartalf View Post
          Originally posted by Aradreth View Post
          Heh... No further comment...
          Quoted For The Thruth...

Comment

• Originally posted by Svartalf View Post
            Just don't do it. No Linux client should equate to NO MONEY to them.
            I can't help it. I need to play it, even if it's on Windows! It's like I've been looking at a huge awesome fresh juicy cake for 2 years, without it expiring, waiting to receive a spoon so I can eat it. I can't wait for the spoon, man, I gotta eat it with my bare hands! I found it with 19€ and that's a nice price where I live cause the games are more expensive than the average.

Comment

• Since when is UT3 a juicy cake... it's a cake filled with hot air and a thin layer of cake around it. No need to play that ( I did it so I know what I talk ). Stick to the older installments. They are a lot better.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aradreth View Post

I would try it with Crossover 7.2 I have just upgraded to but i cant even get the DVD to mount unless it's something simple like libdvdcss2 getting in the way or confusing things........

Comment

• Originally posted by Dragonlord View Post
                  Since when is UT3 a juicy cake... it's a cake filled with hot air and a thin layer of cake around it. No need to play that ( I did it so I know what I talk ). Stick to the older installments. They are a lot better.
                  I played the demo when it was out for many days and I was very very happy with that. And now the whole game is 19€ plus they have this free pack. For me that's appealing.

About the older UT-s, I loved the first one, but 2003 and 2004 were the opposite for me. You could plainly see that the people who made the gfx assets were plain stupid, because they were putting in all sorts of details like in a weapon, there was a pipe coming out of it, twisting around a little on the outside then going back in the weapon further along its barrel. Those sort of details more than redundant, whose existence was against functionality and common sense. Or for example the HUD, it was trying to be sci-fi by having 45 degr. angles in the contours of each area (ammo health etc.), without good taste at all. That just made me angry to see I think it was the guys from Digital Extremes who did those and have no taste at all in making menus/HUD-s, so good riddance. For me UT 3 has some of the first UT's feeling, and no bad-taste design style, just very good. But that's just my taste and justification

Comment

• Originally posted by geamandura View Post
                    I played the demo when it was out for many days and I was very very happy with that. And now the whole game is 19€ plus they have this free pack. For me that's appealing.

About the older UT-s, I loved the first one, but 2003 and 2004 were the opposite for me. You could plainly see that the people who made the gfx assets were plain stupid, because they were putting in all sorts of details like in a weapon, there was a pipe coming out of it, twisting around a little on the outside then going back in the weapon further along its barrel. Those sort of details more than redundant, whose existence was against functionality and common sense. Or for example the HUD, it was trying to be sci-fi by having 45 degr. angles in the contours of each area (ammo health etc.), without good taste at all. That just made me angry to see I think it was the guys from Digital Extremes who did those and have no taste at all in making menus/HUD-s, so good riddance. For me UT 3 has some of the first UT's feeling, and no bad-taste design style, just very good. But that's just my taste and justification
                    Heh, I share the UT classic and UT3 feelings of refinement. At least they both had a damn sniper rifle. (Epic should be shot for not putting one in UT 2003/4)

Comment

• UT = good ( real good )
                      UT2k3 = shit
                      UT2k4 = bit better but still shit
                      UT3 = some steps forward, some back, so still shit although less shitty than before

Maybe this clears things up a bit.

Comment

Working...
                      X