Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by roothorick View Post
    As a dualbooter with a Vive myself, I have two critiques:

1. Those base stations are WAY too low for optical sync. If you're standing, they're going to be constantly desyncing and blowing up your tracking. They need to be above your head; the ideal height is above your arm's reach with controller in-hand. With residential ceiling heights, you often can't reach that ideal height, so it's not a terrible idea to mount them to the ceiling. I'm planning a new space myself and that's what I'll be doing. If that's not really practical, break out the sync cable.

2. The position of the second base station suggests the play area is only a small fraction of the room, that rectangle between the desk and what I guess to be a closet. That will be problematic for something that needs room-scale, like Munch.

Don't buy a Rift. ducks
    While for the first point, there is the syncing cable, as far as I know (but your remark is still valid); I completely agree with your second, and that was my first though as well: Michael, if I had a Vive, I think I would set it up in the largest available space (the tracking area is up to ~5mx5m IIRC), for the best possible experience.

Comment

hehe, you should have made one corner of that desk rounded so you don't jab yourself when you walk into it with the helmet on

Comment

Working...
      X