Total War: WARHAMMER Linux Requirements Announced - AMD & NVIDIA GPUs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by darkbasic View Post

To be honest Gentoo lacks the "bleeding edge but stable" flavor of Archlinux. If you want latest stable version of your software you either get an unstable system (~amd64) or you will have to manually unmask everything you need. Gentoo really takes too much to move packages from ~amd64 to stable, especially minor updates like mesa 12.0.3. On the contrary Arch has a similar system for major versions of important software (kernel, mesa, kde, etc..) which ensures a stable system, but they also immediately mark as stable minor updates like point versions. It would be nice to have a similar policy in Gentoo.
    If you are going by Gentoo's definition of stable, Archlinux has no equivalent. You can do bleeding edge in Gentoo quite easily and it's just as good as Arch, perhaps even better since you can control every aspect.

Comment

Originally posted by fuzz View Post

If you are going by Gentoo's definition of stable, Archlinux has no equivalent. You can do bleeding edge in Gentoo quite easily and it's just as good as Arch, perhaps even better since you can control every aspect.
      I don't need nor want Gentoo's definition of stable, so I don't need the Arch equivalent. Also, if you think you can have the equivalent of Arch as easily on Gentoo you probably didn't run such setup for years. Reported bugs speak for themselves: I reported hundreds of bugs in several years of Gentoo compared to a dozen of bugs in two years of Arch.
      ## VGA ##
      AMD: X1950XTX, HD3870, HD5870
      Intel: GMA45, HD3000 (Core i5 2500K)

Comment

Working...
      X