The TORCS Racing Car Simulator Should Now Be Slightly Faster With Gallium3D

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The TORCS Racing Car Simulator Should Now Be Slightly Faster With Gallium3D

Phoronix: The TORCS Racing Car Simulator Should Now Be Slightly Faster With Gallium3D

For those playing TORCS, The Open Racing Simulator, its performance for this driving game simulator should be slightly faster if using one of Mesa's Gallium3D drivers...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

http://www.speed-dreams.org/ might gain from it as well as it is TORCS rewrite

Comment

Originally posted by ryszardzonk View Post
      http://www.speed-dreams.org/ might gain from it as well as it is TORCS rewrite
      I'm sure other games completely unrelated to TORCS ought to see an improvement too, or I should hope anyway. I don't suspect Marek is dumb enough to do application-specific improvements considering how many other things need to get done. But generic performance improvements are always welcome.

Comment

My statement meant that there is definitely at least one other game that would gain from it not that is an exception from the rule. Besides I guess that if devs find a specific case where they see a way to "easily" improve stuff in a generic way they would do so regardless of how much other software gains from it.

Comment

Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post
          I'm sure other games completely unrelated to TORCS ought to see an improvement too, or I should hope anyway. I don't suspect Marek is dumb enough to do application-specific improvements considering how many other things need to get done. But generic performance improvements are always welcome.
          TORCS is just an easy benchmark for Marek to test since it's pretty heavily CPU-limited on radeonsi.

Comment

Working...
          X