Dolpin 5.0 Emulator Released, Now Requires OpenGL 3 & 64-bit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by curaga View Post
    @ssolokow eh, I can respect that. You might consider getting the Raptor Power8 thing, being PowerPC it should allow using virtualization instead of cpu emulation, which should improve performance by quite a bit even if you seem GPU-limited - the syncs between units and shared RAM may appear similar.
    Believe me, if I had the money, that'd be the least of my reasons for getting it.

Comment

Originally posted by johanb View Post

Dolphin has worked without any lag on my 750ti since i bought it, but only when building from git because their stable builds used to be incredibly outdated.
      Hmm. I'll have to look into that once I make time to upgrade off Lubuntu 14.04 LTS.

Comment

Here follows for the sake of completeness and correctness a short addition to this topic.
        • the first dolphin version which had required GLSL 1.30 aka OpenGL 3.0 was dolphin 4.0-27 and not any 5.x release
        • the first 64 bit only dolphin version was 4.0-1624 and not any 5.x release
        As a consequence dolphin 4.0-26​ was the last GLSL 1.20 aka OpenGL 2.1 compliant one while the final official 32 bit dolphin release was build 4.0-1609.

This was discussed recently (as of December 2022) at the dolphins forums here. Michael

Comment

Working...
        X