Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shadow of Mordor Performance For The GeForce GTX 1080 On Linux

Phoronix: Shadow of Mordor Performance For The GeForce GTX 1080 On Linux

Shadow of Mordor is a beautiful game on Linux, but quite demanding on the hardware. Here's how it performs with Linux...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Thanks for the numbers Mike! I know that manual tests are PITA, but a few selected benchmarks are nice to see.

Incidentally, at 4K those numbers are somewhat lower than Windows, but not massively lower. Here's a link to a 4K Shadows of Mordor bench from gamespot in their review: http://static5.gamespot.com/uploads/...e+%2813%29.png

Comment

In short, it's a 1080p-1440p game on the GTX 1080.

Comment

Originally posted by Marc Driftmeyer View Post

Yes, which is light years ahead of the $650 Fury-X, which is a 0 FPS game at 1080p due to crashes.
        Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Comment

Originally posted by Marc Driftmeyer View Post
          A 51 FPS average at 4K seems pretty playable to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Xaero_Vincent View Post

A 51 FPS average at 4K seems pretty playable to me.
            SoM doesn't require a very high frame rate to play, but a 21fps min could still get pretty choppy in places.

Also, I can't recall if the benchmark is faster or slower than the actual game but I seem to recall people saying it was one of those and not necessarily representative.

Comment

@Michael

Very thanks for put manual test, is more complicated but this tests are needed

Maybe in future possible try any game of saint row series

Comment

Originally posted by chuckula
                Incidentally, at 4K those numbers are somewhat lower than Windows
                Obviously, duh.

Originally posted by smitty3268
                but a 21fps min could still get pretty choppy in places.
                You know nothing about low fps, i completed this game @ 15 fps.

Comment

Absolutely playable, but bad result for the fastest consumer card on the market. If we take a look at some windows benchmarks elsewhere, we can see that much weaker cards outperform this result easily. The port is bad, very bad.

Comment

I tried to benchmark R9 380 2GB with the latest mesa drivers, but after a loading screen my system freezes. I have problems (system freeze after loading screen or after end of test at results dialog) with SoM benchmark and mesa drivers since may. Last time when all worked fine was 23.04.2016 (next tests after 1-2 weeks caused problems).

Comment

Working...
                    X